Date: 21 September, 2012
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Regular Price: $275
This 1-day course teaches the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects.The course itself uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning. Opportunities to reflect and adapt the direction of the course are offered at regular intervals.At the end of the training the participants will have the confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum at their own organization and support teams in improving their processes.
The following elements will be covered during the one day course
* Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action.
* Understanding of the Agile Manifesto and what it means to them.
* Essence of Scrum: values, foundations and a new way of thinking.
* Understanding how Scrum values and foundations are related to the practices.
* Get a sense of what self-organization is (and is not).
* Can draw a diagram of mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, artifacts & flow.
About your Instructor:
Lola Stice: After connecting with Conscires at a training event, Lola fits Scrum training in with her day job as a Quality Assurance Engineer and enjoys sharing her experiences with others new to Scrum. She is a Certified Scrum Master and is working toward a Product Owner Certification. Lola has 17 yrs experience in enterprise-level software engineering projects primarily in finance-related industries in the San Diego Area. With a broad base of experience in both back office and commercial software projects, Lola’s experiences working as a QA Manager, Performance Tester, QA Project Lead, and Scrum Master, contributes much hands on experience with various methodologies such as Six Sigma, Traditional, and Agile Methodologies.