Date: 31 August, 2012
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Regular Price: $295
This 1-day course teaches the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects.The course itself uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning. Opportunities to reflect and adapt the direction of the course are offered at regular intervals.At the end of the training the participants will have the confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum at their own organization and support teams in improving their processes.
The following elements will be covered during the one day course
* Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action.
* Understanding of the Agile Manifesto and what it means to them.
* Essence of Scrum: values, foundations and a new way of thinking.
* Understanding how Scrum values and foundations are related to the practices.
* Get a sense of what self-organization is (and is not).
* Can draw a diagram of mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, artifacts & flow.
About your Instructor:
Lisa Montaño, MBA, CSM, CSPO has over 15 years experience
in start-up and entrepreneurial companies working as a business analyst and functional lead. Lisa’s experience includes leading cross-functional teams to implement customized web interfaces, e-commerce capability, and workflow automation projects.
Lisa has experience as the Scrum Product Owner and Scrum Master, and is a trainer and Scrum coach with Conscires Agile Practices.