Date: 20 May, 2014
Location: Tampa, FL, United States of America
Regular Price: $597
Scrum Essentials is a one day immersion into the world of Scrum. The course is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your organization. This course will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand. This is the ideal course for all team members who will be working on Scrum teams.
|Limited to only 20 seats...
|Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
|7 PDUs Awarded
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was extremely helpful in helping me find my role as ScrumMaster on my team." - Michael
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after the class I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
- Increase customer satisfaction and time to market delivery
- Properly align your development efforts around delivering the highest business value features first
- Gain organizational trust and improve your teams reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery by setting them up for frequent successes
- Experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in an empowering management style
- Focus your efforts on the highest value tasks that will have an immediate impact on your success
- Improve communications, through transparency and "pull" versus "push" systems
- Achieve greater flexibility and value to your organization by adding another tool to your toolbox
- Thorough understanding about Agile and Scrum
- A new outlook on the way you manage teams
- A framework for understanding whether Agile and Scrum is right for your organization
- The knowledge necessary for incorporating Scrum practices into your working environment
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum7 PDUs
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification
About The Instructor: John Miller, CSP
John Miller, CSP, PMP is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. John holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The New Jersey City University. He is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), ITIL Foundations Certified, State Government Certified Project Manager from the Government Information Technology Agency (GITA), and a Certified Support Center Director from the Help Desk Institute. John is an Agile Trainer and Coach with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. With a background in project management and IT Operations Management, John has spent much of his career managing and leading teams for companies like Register.com, Imbot.com, and local government organizations such as the Baltimore City Police Department and school districts. John has founded and grown several community groups such as West Phoenix Scrum Users Group and Agile Schools. John has 10 years experience in the education and training industry, He has worked with numerous organizations to support their training and coaching needs, whether they are for ongoing training or support during new project initiatives. John is a frequent presenter at technology conferences and was a speaker at Scrum Alliance Global Gathering - Atlanta. He enjoys sharing his love of project management, agile framework, and IT operations management with The Braintrust Consulting Groups’ clients.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...