Date: 23 September, 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Regular Price: £700 + VAT
One of the most important aspects of agile development training is estimating and planning. Yes, these are important, even for agile software development. Although agile is a fluid and iterative process, that doesn’t mean that planning doesn’t have a place in its programming and project management.
Despite the many worthless plans that we’ve all seen—which may make us want to skip planning altogether—this Agile Estimating and Planning Training will demonstrate that it’s possible to create accurate project plans useful for programming testing—and projecting forward from 6-9 months. Our Agile Estimating and Planning Training will teach you how to create practical, useful and reliable plans for your software development projects.
If your teams view planning as something to be avoided, or your organization uses plans as something to hold against development teams, this popular estimating and planning course can help your company break both of those attitudes and cycles.
Attendees will leave with a solid understanding and experience of agile release and iteration planning. The course also looks at various approaches to estimating including unit-less points and ideal time. The class will present four specific techniques for deriving reliable estimates, including how to use the popular Planning Poker® technique and other techniques that dramatically improve a project's chances of on-time completion.
By using this approach to estimating, teams learn to answer the ever-challenging questions that plague every development team: “When will we be done?” and “How soon can we have all of these features?”
PMPs: This course counts for 7.5 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Particpants Will Learn
- How to create an accurate and useful project plan
- The importance of estimating size and deriving duration
- The differences between story points and ideal time
- The advantages of an abstract measure of size
- Techniques for creating estimates
- When and how to re-estimate
- How and when to perform release and iteration planning
- Tips for communicating about estimates and plans
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- A hot lunch buffet and afternoon biscuits
- A printed, color copy of the course materials
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 7.5 PDUs for this course.
Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team