Date: 25-26 January, 2014
Location: London, --- Select A State ---, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Regular Price: £895 + VAT
Successful scaling of Agile beyond the single team is one of the most important challenges faced by many organisations. Core scrum provides no guidance on how to do this, and unofficial techniques such as Scrum-of-Scrums go only some way to providing an answer and are not widely understood. The SAFe Scaled Agile Framework™ is an increasingly popular complete approach for large-scale, multi-team Agile projects and programs. It builds upon the use of Scrum and XP by Agile teams with specific Program practices and roles for Agile Architecture, Release Train Planning and management of the Product Vision, Roadmap and Program Backlog. At the overall Portfolio level, SAFe utilises concepts of Lean Thinking and Kanban for the management of Architectural and Business Epics within agreed Investment themes.
This 2-day Leading SAFe training class gives you the knowledge required to become a Certified SAFe Agilist and to lead an enterprise agile transformation using the Scaled Agile Framework.
What Will You Learn?:
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework™ based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
Upon successful completion of this training class, delegates will be eligible to take the on-line Scaled Agile Academy SAFe Agilist exam. On passing the exam, Certified SAFe Agilists will have the option to appear on the Certified SA directory and have access to the Scaled Agile Academy LinkedIn community. Exam retakes are $50 and can be taken 90 days or more after the previous exam. Annual renewal requires 10 continuing education/outreach hours and currently costs $100 payable to the Scaled Agile Academy.
Scrum Alliance Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
This course is eligible for 14 SEUs.
Agil8 is led by David Hicks, pioneer of Agile since the 1990s, Agile Alliance Founder and one of the world’s most qualified and experienced Agile practitioners. David has been responsible for the training and certification of over 5,000 people in Agile.
The agil8 team provides fully accredited Agile training and consulting services in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Scrum, Kanban and Agile Project Management with a focus on complex and challenging environments. What sets us apart is our experience, pragmatic approach and ability to mix and match differing Agile techniques to a particular set of client or project/programme requirements.
We are the only company in the world accredited and certified in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum, Kanban and AgilePM/DSDM. Our consulting expertise enables us to support companies with a requirement to scale agile across large and distributed teams.
About your Trainer:
Your course instructor is David Hicks. As a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer, you can read about David in more detail here. David has been doing Agile consulting, training and coaching in a whole range of different contexts for nearly 20 years, using the full range of Agile approaches including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, DSDM, Agile Project Management and the Open/Agile Unified Process. He became a Founder Member of the Agile Alliance in 2002 and is a regular speaker on the Agile conference circuit. David holds a wide range of Agile qualifications including the following:
- Certified Scrum Trainer
- Lean-Kanban University Certified Kanban Trainer
- Certified Lean IT Trainer
- Certified SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) Program Consultant
- Certified APMG Agile Project Management Trainer
- Certified DSDM Agile Trainer
- Certified PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
Today, in addition to having trained in excess of 1,200 Certified ScrumMasters (both via public and in-house training courses), a large part of his role is to provide Agile consulting and coaching services to clients large and small across a range of industry segments. This means that the training he delivers is based on extensive experience of Agile in the real world.
Comments by attendees of David's previous courses:
- "Altogether, a very informative, educational and enjoyable course. Thanks!"
- "Very useful and enjoyable course backed up with Dave Hicks' extensive practical experience in Scrum"
- "Very enjoyable and informative"
- "I found the style refreshingly honest and devoid of "religious fervour" - as always, the practical war stories were the most informative and helpful part. Also appreciated the reference to other methods (DSDM etc) and parts of their thinking which may be useful"
- "Excellent trainer! Our interest in the course was maintained throughout the course. Practical views from the trainer. Excellent overall!"
- "Dave presented the course material in an extremely interesting and motivating manner"
- "I was happily surprised that the majority of the course covered a generic agile approach coupled with a substantial amount of dealing with change management, in addtion to core Scrum!"
- "Very enjoyable course and Dave was an excellent trainer"
- "Excellent course, really understood Scrum well and in the context of the overall Agile approaches and processes"
- "Extremely good presentation of ideas and concepts"
- "Excellent all round understanding of Scrum and the ScrumMaster role gained from attendance on this course"
- "A very well presented course, much of the content from which I will utilise with my company"
- "Very useful, met my objectives of how to personalise Scrum elements for my organisation"
- "Excellent course, a real eye opener. The trainer opened my eyes to a better way of doing things. Great real world examples"
- "Excllent course for me, spot on!"
- "Really enjoyed the course and have taken a lot from it, especially with regards to estimating, planning and the concept of velocity. I would highly recommend Dave as a trainer"
- "Enjoyable and practical. Suitable for wide range of audiences"
- "Trainer was brilliant - very knowledgeable and I learned lots from him"
- "I thought this course was outstanding. I had 2 years’ experience but learned a lot"
- "Course was great; lecture inspiring; charismatic"
- "Very thorough and advantaged hugely by trainer's hands-on experience"
- "The instructor's knowledge of real world scenarios and applying Scrum was excellent. I'd recommend him for further courses of study"
- "Very good course content; right balance between learning 'core' Scrum theory vs. comparison of Scrum with broader/other Agile methods and 'traditional' project/programme management"
- "Excellent course, which helped to provide knowledge of Scrum, but also specific challenges. Good pace, committed and enthusiastic trainer with ability to tailor/manage course as required"
- "David was an excellent course trainer, was very approachable and delivered the content in an easy to understand format. I would recommend this course to those who wish to embrace Agile and Scrum"
- "A well-presented course with a successful combination of presentations and interactive work"
- "Dave is an excellent trainer. I really appreciated covering scaling Agile to an enterprise level"
- "Dave's real life experiences helps to temper peurile versus pragmatic implementation"