Date: 17 December, 2010
Location: Oslo, Norway
Regular Price: NOK 8 000
This one-day, advanced course picks up where the Certified ScrumMaster and other introductory agile courses leave off. Drawing and expanding on concepts in Mike's Succeeding with Agile book, this course will help you move beyond initial success to sustained agility. Attendees should have a solid understanding of agile concepts and the principles and practices of Scrum prior to tackling this material.
Participants will learn advanced teamwork techniques, including ways to subtlty guide a self-organizing team and how to ensure that all team members (including designers, architects, and testers) are busy on each day of the sprint. They will discover ways to effectively scale Scrum, in one location or on a globally distributed team. The course will explore what it means to be agile while meeting regulatory compliance requirements, how to overcome common problems, and tools for measuring the benefits of agile.
Agile isn’t a final destination; it’s something you grow towards each day. Learn how to iterate towards a higher level of agility, no matter where you are on your journey.
For PMPs, this course counts for 7.5 professional development units.
You Will Learn
- How the same process used during transition can help spread agile or Scrum across the enterprise.
- How the roles of project managers, functional managers, programmers, testers, data professionals, architects, analysts, and others change in an agile process
- Ways in which a leader can influence a self-organizing team
- How to incorporate technical design, interaction design, and architecture into agile projects
- How improvement communities can drive the hard work of organizational change.
- How to effectively structure teams, including how to make proper use of specialists.
Combine This Class with Other Training
This class will be preceded by a Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner classes in the same location. You can attend these classes separately or together.
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Fruit in the morning, sandwiches mid-morning, a lunch buffet, an afternoon snack, and drinks
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This class is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at 1-888-61-Agile (24453) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 7.5 PDUs for this course.