Date: 31 January - 1 February, 2013
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
Regular Price: DKK 12,500 + VAT
This two-day, advanced course picks up where the Certified ScrumMaster and other introductory agile courses leave off. Drawing and expanding on concepts in Mike's Succeeding with Agile book, this course will help you move beyond initial success to sustained agility. Attendees should have a solid understanding of agile concepts and the principles and practices of Scrum prior to tackling this material.
Participants will learn advanced teamwork techniques, including ways to subtlety guide a self-organizing team and how to ensure that all team members (including designers, architects, and testers) are busy on each day of the sprint. They will discover ways to effectively scale Scrum, in one location or on a globally distributed team. The course will explore what it means to be agile while meeting regulatory compliance requirements, how to overcome common problems, and tools for measuring the benefits of agile.
Agile isn’t a final destination; it’s something you grow towards each day. Learn how to iterate towards a higher level of agility, no matter where you are on your journey.
For PMPs, this course counts for 15 professional development units.
You Will Learn
- How the same process used during transition can help spread agile or Scrum across the enterprise.
- How the roles of project managers, functional managers, programmers, testers, data professionals, architects, analysts, and others change in an agile process
- Ways in which a leader can influence a self-organizing team
- How to incorporate technical design, interaction design, and architecture into agile projects
- How improvement communities can drive the hard work of organizational change.
- How to effectively structure teams, including how to make proper use of specialists.
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- A continental breakfast buffet, fruit, a lunch buffet including soda, an afternoon snack, and continuously replenished coffee, tea, water
- A USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials, relevant articles by Mike Cohn and others, sample chapters from Mike's books, and other information
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials.
About the Instructor
Mike Cohn is the author of User Stories Applied for Agile Software Development, Agile Estimating and Planning, and Succeeding with Agile. Mike has fifteen years of experience with Scrum and over 25 years of experience in the software industry. He has previously been a technology executive in companies of various sizes, from startup to Fortune 40. A frequent magazine contributor and conference speaker, Mike is a founding member of both the Agile Alliance and the Scrum Alliance.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 15 PDUs for this course.