Date: 7-8 November, 2013
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Regular Price: 1600
A Two and one-half Day Workshop for Experienced Agilists (class certification accredited through ICAgile)
The Agile Facilitator is a two and one-half day class for experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their facilitation skills in general, especially as applied to Agile ceremonies, collaborative events and other team “moments of truth.” The workshop will focus on professional facilitation skills and techniques as applied specifically within the Agile context.
Outcomes the Class Will Produce
While mastering facilitation skills in the Agile context will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators.
- Understand and practice the art of collaborative meeting design, including the importance of smart preparation that will reduce overall cost and increase the effectiveness of your meetings.
- Practice techniques for skillfully facilitating core Agile meetings and ceremonies with playfulness and a collaborative spirit, while still focused on key deliverables.
- Gain rich, well-delivered feedback on your growing facilitation skills.
- Give you ideas for designing meetings in which the team interacts with the team so they can do the heavy-lifting.
- Understand how to address some of the dysfunctional behaviors you see preventing your team from achieving maximum success.
- Learn how to define, discuss, and ACHIEVE consensus with the team for faster and better decision making.
- Come away with your own facilitator self-development plan.
- This class satisfies the Agile Team Facilitator portion of classroom learning for the IC Agile Coaching & Facilitation track.
- Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level. (in progress).
- It also counts for PMI PDUs.