Date: 21-22 August, 2014
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Regular Price: $800 per person
The Scaling with Agile Workshop is standalone for 2 days.
Anyone may take the Workshop, and yet we recommend you take it after you have taken a Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner course.
It is quite useful when a small group from one company attends. This could be a Scrum Team, but more likely representatives from various areas in a company.
The main purpose of this Scaling with Agile Workshop is to help you get results. The workshop conceptually has two parts. First, we provide an overview and in-depth introduction to Agile Scaling. This is an important but small portion of the time. It is time-boxed, in part because the known ideas and patterns are quite extensive.
Second, we work with you to understand your specific needs and largest problems, and then to help you devise solutions to them. This part is very practical.
In this workshop, we will explore how to scale Agile from a single team to a large organization (possibly several thousand people). The course will be tailored to the specific questions, situations, and needs of the attendees.
The main thing is that we will take your problems, and help you address them, in such a way that you can get real results in the next few weeks. Iterative and incremental steps towards a better approach to the Scaling issues you have today.
* 14 PDUs towards your PMI requirements * 16 SEUs towards the Scrum Alliance CSP (Certified Scrum Professional).
- Introduction to Agile Scaling
- Applying Scaling to the Scrum Cycle
- Implementing a Chief Product Owner & Product Owner group
- Creating a single Product Backlog & synchronizing iterations
- Scrum of Scrums
- Techniques for optimizing geographically distributed teams
- Scaling Impediment Removal
- Scaling Patterns in the ScrumPLOP
- Overview of Scaled Agile models including Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) & Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS)
- Working through specific situations (most of the time)
After the basics, we will take specific situations from the attendees, and work with you to (a) understand your current situation fairly well, and (b) devise reasonable and implementable solutions for your biggest problems.
We will devote the most time to that.
For each proposed solution, we will also discuss its pros and cons, and how you might get it implemented. The workshop is described more here.
Joe Little and David Muldoon
- Joe Little, an experienced Agile coach and Scrum Trainer (CST). Joe has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He has co-taught 8 courses with Jeff Sutherland. He has years of experience working with scaling. Take a look at Joe’s blog, Agile & Business, here. Joe is a certified Scrum Alliance trainer (CST).
- David Muldoon is an experienced coach with years of experience working with large scaled agile implementations. You will glean lessons from his real-world experience as a senior Agile Advocate within the context of a 3,000 person development organization. You may want to ask about our Referral Program and about our Refresher Program.
Registration and Fees:
- Price for the workshop is $800.
- You may receive better pricing is you take the Workshop in conjunction with a CSM or CSPO course.
- There is a 10% discount for any group of 3 or more.
- In addition, there is a 4% discount off the net due if you pay with cash (eg, at the beginning of the course).
The fee covers food and beverage (typically, a continental breakfast, AM break, lunch, and a PM break).
Please register using the ‘Register Now’ button (above right). If you register multiple people, please send us an email with their names and email addresses. You may also contact our office and we can discuss other payment methods, receipts, invoices, etc. Payment methods include USD check, money transfer, credit card, PayPal, over-the-phone (CC), cash, etc. All payments should be received before the Workshop starts. Once we receive payment you will be registered.
The Workshop date may be changed up until 16 days prior to the start date. We will advise you.
This website also has lots of other information that may be helpful. For example, we discuss Scaling frequently in our Blog.