I am a passionate software engineer, a quick learner and a proven effective problem solver. I also demonstrated strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills during my tenure as technical lead and program manager. Being a well-rounded software engineer, I am expert in the following areas:
Project Management – PMP, Certified ScrumMaster. A seasoned software project management professional with over 10 years of experience; Active Practitioner of Agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
HP, Software Engineering Program Manager
December 2007 - Present, Shanghai, China
• Managed and led daily development of HP Device Manager (HPDM), a major HP thin client management software product.
• Coordinated projects of different teams in multi-site development environment. As of today, I have successfully led team to release 40 versions of HPDM, all with high quality and delivered on time.
• Built a proven successful agile team by coaching the team Scrum and other Agile methods.
• Created automated build system to facilitate team’s Agile software development.
• Actively participated in customer supports to help HP win dozens of big deals from banking, communications, healthcare, retailing, and government customers.
• Optimized HPDM performance to manage up to 100,000 thin clients simultaneously by:
Leading team to refine algorithms of data queries and updates, and
Redesigning cache system, notification system, and refreshing mechanism.
• Improved HPDM stability, extensibility, and user-friendly by initiating and leading the infrastructure changes, including:
Using Hibernate ORM as HPDM backend database infrastructure.
Refactoring HPDM Console codes to use Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture, and
Redesigning the installation GUI and workflow.
• Supported worldwide marketing by designing the internationalization (i18n) framework.
• Led the team to add all HP family thin clients support under very tight schedule.