NAB, Agile Coach & Trainer
August 2012 - Present, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
As an Agile Coach, I have a unique opportunity to work with different projects within different parts of the bank and help the project team by setting agile best practices and coach the teams on agile methodology and behaviours and help them in successful project delivery using agile. Other than coaching on Agile Methodology, I run a 2 day training course on Agile SDLC for internal staff every month.
The projects I have coached so far at NAB are
1- G20 - Dodd Frank - A 12 months compliance project. I worked as a coach from very early stages of this project and stayed with the project for 6 months. During this time, I mentored and coach all team members; one of them is now acting as a Scrum master for this project.
2- Trade Store - A data warehouse project currently in flight. I worked as a trainer/coach in its early stages and now I am working as mentor/coach of the current scrum master of this project.
3- DMS - Jan 2013 -Current - A document management system using SharePoint. I am working as a full time coach/scrum master on this project.
NAB, Development Manager/Agile Coach
April 2011 - August 2012, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
● Implemented AGILE development methodology and improved effectiveness throughout the development and production cycles (previously three months down to a few weeks per solution)
● Worked as Agile Coach/Scrum Master for multiple projects ranging from 3 months to 6 months.
● People leader for technology workforce within the Business Analysis and development teams contained within Market Risk Technology organisation
● Successfully manage four to five projects at a time, along with people management and leadership
● Provide technical guidance and advice to business teams; and represent technology group in the business prioritisation forum
● Architectural Design and prototyping of new software development
● Manage entire software development lifecycle for market risk area - using Agile methodology
● Lead, coach and mentor a technical team (8 Developers and 2 BA’s) to deliver projects covering changes to business
● Manage end to end project delivery
● Drive development standards and practices within the development team
● Change management including quality assurance, communication, change control, implementation plan and post implementation reviews
NAB, Development Lead - Agile Project
October 2008 - April 2011, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
● Worked on a custom printing solution (Electronic Application Line of Credit) project and saved 40 development days (approximately $40,000)
● Managed project to build a custom Pricing Centre tool and built a solution to automatically generate code for screen building - saved one month in development costs
● Worked as lead/senior developer on .NET Framework projects. This 18 months project ran as an Agile project with a 6 3 releases of 6 months and with 2 weeks iteration.
● Participated in full analysis and software/applications design
● Managed stakeholders throughout software development cycle
● Estimated stories, iteration/velocity planning, breakdown of stories into technical tasks and allocated work to development team
● Participated in architectural design of in-house developed solutions using various design patterns
● Performed technical and functional reviews
● Assisted in unit/system testing
● Led a team of 3 Developers including career progression and performance management
● Technologies, tools & languages used: Agile methodology, Visual Studio 2010, .NET Framework 3.5/4.0, Silverlight 4, Expression Blend 4, AJAX, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#.NET, TestDriven.Net, WebServices, NHibernate, CruiseControl.NET, NCover, Hudson/Jenkins, MEF, WCF Ria Services, Nunit, SpecFlow, Prism for Silverlight, SQL 2008
Fosters Group, Technical Lead
October 2006 - October 2008, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
● Led a team of 15
● Worked with Software Development Manager on innovative online portal project (My Fosters) to provide customers with improved interface to track order status. Also developed the business case, presented to Board and achieved approval to proceed. Used Scrum to manage the development and releases for this innovation project.
● Participated in entire software development lifecycle including architectural design, planning, development, debugging and implementation
● Delivered effective maintainability and operational performance of in-house built projects covering Microsoft and Web Technologies
● Technical lead on in-house projects developed in .NET Framework
● Project management including development of realistic and agreed plans covering time, effort, budgeting, and resource planning
● Participated in architectural design of various in-house developed intranet projects
● Performed technical and functional review ● Where requested, reviewed approach or design proposed by external parties or internal IT staff
● Participated in business requirements and functional specifications reviews
● Assisted in unit/system testing