I, Vikas Kapila, am a highly charged individual with a proven track record in successfully delivering highly complex leading edge solutions in multi-country, multi-discipline & multi-cultural teams..
Today, my focus is on enabling individuals to norm, storm & thereby transform into a high performing team such that they realize the sum of the team is greater than the sum of the individuals.
I am passionate about delivering value by fostering partnership between business and IT starting with a shared vision that delights customers with the end delivery.
My style in achieving transformation is holistic. I believe in continually improving by challenging the established processes, mental models and thereby culture. The focus is on the adage “Less is more” and always uncovering the "value" to be delivered through craftsmanship.
Cisco Systems, Scrum Coach
November 2014 - Present, San Jose, CA, US
• Understand the needs of the leaders and team members with respect to Scrum. (Purpose and requirements).
• Assess current team knowledge and capabilities related to Scrum Framework.
• Develop and document program delivery.
• Define roles and responsibilities for all team members, including executive leadership
• Develop and provide specific training focused on Scrum to team members, including executive leadership.
• Coach and guide multiple sprints for specific projects, providing additional knowledge transfer and reinforcement of training.
• Inspect and Adapt as required.
• Coach and guide the definition of an end-to-end planning and operations review process leveraging Scrum Framework.
TVA, Agile Coach
July 2014 - Present, Chattanooga, TN, US
Introducing Agile / Scrum to the Operations and Support Division
Coaching the Management into Servant Leadership
Coaching Scrum Masters to understand the role and function as such
Coaching Product Owners to understand the role and function as such
Setting up the Community of Practice for SMs and POs respectively to enable sustainability of Scrum in the organization.
Capital One, Scrum Master
November 2010 - June 2014, Richmond, VA, US
Agile Scrum Master Jan 9, 2012 till June 30, 2014
Capital One, Agile Team Member
November 2010 - December 2011, Richmond, VA, United States
Agile Team Member as Tech lead Jan 10 2011 - Dec 23, 2011