Proven executive with broad mastery of human, technical, and financial perspectives and disciplines to create, grow and run successful organizations.
• Experienced executive familiar with full life cycle of product development, release, and support.
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary programs in innovative high technology environments.
• Line manager with proven ability to create and foster teams and to grow individuals into highly skilled and productive contributors. Experience managing remote and offshore development teams.
• Team player skilled at representing technical concerns and working with other functions to further broader organizational goals.
• Sound fiscal manager with demonstrated ability to manage through multiple organizational levels.
• Excellent ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences. Demonstrated ability to generate enthusiasm in, and gain support from, non-technical executive staff for technical initiatives.
Specialties: Engineering Leadership - Strategic/ Tactical Planning - Organization Assessment & Transformation - Software Development - Agile Processes - Lean - SCRUM (CSM, CSP) - Enterprise Infrastructure and Applications - Configuration Management - Quality Assurance - Automation - Life Sciences
ThoughtWorks, Transformation Principal
October 2013 - October 2015, Chicago, IL, United States
ThoughtWorks is a global consultancy providing technology advice and services. I serve in a variety of roles, including: account inception and growth, agile client coaching, and developing internal talent. Primarily helped at Fortune 100 company advising CIO office, program managing multiple enterprise agile IT delivery and transformation teams, and expanding the account.
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Div Mgr - Software
April 2007 - October 2013, Hercules, CA, United States
In a series of more responsible positions within Bio-Rad, I have introduced Scrum and grown it into the defacto software development methodology. I have served as Scrum master and coach for seven teams internally. I have developed five Scrum masters to take my place on all the teams and continued to coach at the team level. I have trained and coached most of product management and the five active product owners within our organization. I have nurtured the practice internally and have secured divisional and group level endorsement for a wider role out of Scrum to our consumables and hardware development groups. These transformations are in process and have taken most of my time over the last year. I have approximately ten years of agile experience; the last seven years have been devoted mostly to Scrum. Approximately half of my time is spent coaching internally and nurturing my first and second followers to enable a wider transformation. We begin coaching internationally later this year.