Looking for a challenging software engineering environment that will provide me with opportunities to apply my program management and leadership skills to the creation of effective business solutions and allow me to expand my knowledge and extend my professional expertise.
· Fifteen plus years experience in the Information Technology industry with a steady history of increasing responsibility and ongoing success leading teams to deliver complete and flexible business solutions.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Self starter who enjoys working in a matrixed team environment.
- A lead PMO member at Model N, a Product Development company, that develops web-based enterprise software. Successfully managed several releases on time from conception to GA to compete in the market with improved product quality.
· For Verizon Business directed a team in the design and development of complex corporate software solutions interacting with users and business specialists to gather and refine requirements and develop appropriate cost effective business solutions.
- Led development staff in the creation and implementation of significant enhancements to legacy applications, reducing the cost of operation, improving performance, and speeding-up order processing resulting in faster realization of revenue.
- Managed the integration of application releases with overall Enterprise applications and releases; always implementing on time and with virtually no post implementation issues.
· Six years project co-ordination and software development experience using J2EE, JSP,Servlets, Java Beans, JDBC, C, C++ on Windows and UNIX operating systems.
· Extensive experience in SQL and PL/SQL; experience coding and performance tuning of Sybase and Oracle based applications.
· Three years of experience developing EJB’s and deploying on Weblogic servers.
· Managed a team of technical professionals to provide high class service. Managed the career development ,technical growth, and compensation issues of 10+ associates
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science from D.Y. Patil College of Engineering,
Pune India. (June ’97)
Project management professional PMP Certified (March 2007)
Certified Scrum Master CSM (April 2010)
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) (September 2010)
Model N Jan’10-Present
A lead PMO member of Product Development that develops web-based enterprise software.
- Successfully managed several releases on time from conception to GA to compete in the market with improved product quality.
- Implemented release with international features which required team coordination across three regions. Corresponded all communications, status, and dependencies for 20 projects. Empowered project leads to increase reliance on self-organized teams.
- Managed distinct releases using the waterfall and scrum methodologies.
- Directed release activities & plans, collaborated scope with Product Management, and managed dependencies for projects in the US & India to converge, integrate, & meet milestones.
- Contributed in the transition to agile by researching, decision making, and providing training and coaching in both the US and India.
- Acted as a ScrumMaster utilizing methods of physical boards, task lists, and velocity/burn up charts.
- Experienced in scrum practices of sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Coached, trained and mentored new comers to Agile/Scrum world - What is Scrum? Estimating and Release Planning, Splitting User stories are few of the topics
- Partnered with QA to plan test phases, establish QA processes, and ensure proper ownership of issues.
- Correlated with Build and Release to establish processes and communication for branch management, integration, merging multiple project branches, certification on various platforms, and deployments.
- Collaborated with Infrastructure, Build and Release, and QA on testing performance, migration, scalability, longevity, and load testing to ensure new features meets KPI's.
- Analyzed and prepared key metrics, statistics, and reports to provide status and assist in decisions for management.
Verizon Business Jan’06 – Feb’08
Technical Manager & Project Manager
Environment: Webservices, Apache Axis, TOMCAT, SOAP, J2EE - Servlets, JSP, Java, Sybase 11, PL/SQL, UNIX(Sun Solaris)
Project/ Technical Manager for 10 member staff maintaining the order entry & fulfillment system ECLIPSE. Made critical application enhancements that allowed the business to speed order processing capability and increase revenue by 30%.
Key participant in all aspects of SDLC – requirements, analysis, design, coding and implementation.
- Managed a team to collect requirements and open issues from multiple sources such as production support, QA, and industry mandates.
· Created project plans and schedules for each release to combine all open issues and requirements.
· Coordinated with development, QA, and production teams to assess level of effort (LOE), and setup milestones.
· Coordinated with senior management and customers for costing and planning.
· Conducted progress review meetings and tracked milestones to completion across offshore teams in India.
· Prepared Implementation Plans and supported the releases in production environments.
Verizon Business April’04 – Dec’05
OMS - Order Management System
Environment: WebServices, Java SWING, XML, HTML, ANT, Perl, XSLT , Oracle 9i, SQL Navigator, PL/SQL, Spring and Hibernate training.
OMS is an order entry system for DSL and VSAT orders. Its front-end uses Java Swing, XML, HTML and its backend uses PL/SQL stored procedures and functions. Used Webservices to talk to parallel groups for retrieval of Order status in different stages.
- Coordinated activities with external organizations and worked with management for issue resolution.
- Worked with project sponsors, development and management to negotiate project requirements, timelines and budgets.
- Completed all release management related activities including the implementation and post release support.
WorldCom Nov’02 – April 04
ETMS - Enterprise Trouble Management System
Environment: C/C++, XML, CORBA, J2EE, EJB- Enterprise Java Beans,Weblogic, Windows, UNIX, Oracle
Enterprise Trouble Management System is used across Verizon; it services all customers and product segments. ETMS uses a Java thin client to communicate to a set of Enterprise Java Beans residing on a Weblogic server, which in turn talks to the Weblogic Enterprise Server (WLS) via CORBA to get data from Oracle and DB2 databases.
•Gathered requirements from the user community for any new product types to be supported in the ETMS application; responsible for writing use case documents.
•Develop and deploy session beans in WLS for caching and for frequently performed operations (e.g., updating an existing trouble ticket).
•Developed 40 user interface screens in Java.
•Developed Weblogic server side code using C++ and CORBA to retrieve information from the Oracle database and send to the client.
UUNET Jan’01 – Oct’02
Sr Software Systems Engineering -Analyst/Programmer
GTTS - Global Ticket Tracking System
Environment: C/C++, VC++, XML, CORBA, Java, EJB, Windows, UNIX, Oracle.
GTTS is a distributed ticketing system that works within UUNET’s security server architecture.
Involved in the 3.0 and 3.1 analysis, design, development and debugging of GTTS Client code.
Ported Windows Client and Windows Admin Server to UNIX using Mainsoft’s MainWin porting tool.
Also worked on GTTS server code, which used CORBA and XML for messaging and wrote to the ORACLE database using JDBC.
AIEMAIL: is a J2EE application which creates a trouble ticket from a user email.
To batch process and filter huge amounts of reseller’s emails
To create an ETMS trouble ticket from an email request.
Was solely responsible for this whole project from Initiation, gathering requirements, architectural design, object and relational modeling, class design, construction and delivery.
This was designed and coded using J2EE advanced technology.
MCI Worldcom April’00 – Jan’01
Sr S/W Systems Engg -Analyst/Programmer
LOCAL SERVICE PROFILE
Environment: C/C++, UNIX, Oracle ,Dbx debugger, purify and object oriented design and analysis.
The Local Service Profile system is the database of record for local telephone service provided by MCI WorldCom. When an order is completed, LSP updates the profile database and provides the data to support billing, reporting and other applications.
Responsible for the project that relates to the business needs associated with reconciling TAS (Tele Assistance Service) status in Worldcom systems using the monthly and annual incoming files from TDHS and the monthly outgoing file to and from the TDHS (Texas Department of Human Service).
Involved in modifications, development and deploying of other enhancements for different plans which include fusion lite etc.
Tata Technologies (India) Jul’97-Nov'99
Environment: C/C++, UNIX AIX, Active Server Pages, Java, Visual Basic, Purify, Design Patterns, OOA, OOD & Oracle.
· CALL TRACKER SYSTEM
· SOURCE CODE MANAGEMENT