Versatile and experienced technology and Delivery Professional with over 14.5 yrs of experience gained in wide-ranging and international environments. I provide excellent leadership, people and communication skills with a wealth of management experience and technical knowledge. In the process I have become sensitive to people’s needs. Possessing a natural desire to surpass standards of excellence and improving long term business results.
Have also developed skills and expertise in the areas of delivery methods and harnessing right set of tools to allow agility, visibility, efficiency and quality in distributed software development. Have been able to successfully harness these spread of skills and experience by helping clients realize material benefits via some very large and complex IT programs for established Telecom, Travel, Manufacturing brands.
Proven reputation for delivering results, achieving organizational efficiencies and improving team and corporate performance. Enviable record for converting Red Projects to Green.
Have also been responsible as part of sales pursuits and helping client organisations develop and execute transformation strategies.
I also like and enjoy sharing my learnings and experiences by presenting in events / seminars, writing white papers and various forums. I am also a coach and have coached various groups in various technical and methodologies.
- Estimation & Delivery Planning (function points, WBS, Story Points, Planning Poker, Release/Iteration Planning)
- Engineering Practices & Tools (CI, TDD - JIRA, TFS, Rally, Hudson/Jenkins, Nolio, Sonar, Corbetura)
Technology Architecture (Web, Ecommerce, Portal)
- Implementation Management (Capacity Planning, Release planning, Resource Planning)
- Delivery Methodology Consulting & Transformation (Waterfall to Agile using Scrum, Kanban & Lean)
Vendor Management (Evaluating RFPs, Presentations)
Tesco, Sr. Engineering Manager
October 2012 - Present, Bangalore, karnataka
Sr. Engg. Manager
Mphasis, an HP company, Project Manager
March 2007 - July 2011, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Vodafone – Integration Competency Center/Business intelligence /One Bill L3 Support/ Vampire
Role: As a Scrum master responsible for managing four scrum teams. Acted as a single point of contact for client coordination and for ensuring business continuity plan. Accountable for people management, tracking and coordinating with the client. Managed revenue and forecasts for the projects.
Responsible for maintaining operational efficiency within the team.
Duration: Dec 2010 – Ongoing
Team Size: Work with a 22-member team
Vodafone - Total Communications
Description: This project that was led by another Project Manager was replete with over 1000 escalations facing a penalty of one million pounds. There were escalations from both client and management perspective and project progress was hindered.
Role: Scrum Master. Identified to turnaround this project and achieve customer service satisfaction. Responsible for gathering business requirements, managing end-to-end development and scoping releases. Carried-out root cause analysis to avoid earlier mistakes. Created project plan and tracked to closure. Coordinated releases with other departments such as backend team and Quality Assurance. Besides managed a 25-member team who were low in confidence.
Duration: Feb-Dec 2010
• Reduced the total number of defects from 1350 to zero and raised customer confidence in a record span of two months. This resulted in a happy client who reported great satisfaction to the President of Mphasis with a gift of 10,000 pounds given to the team
• Turned-around this project from red to green in a short span of three months
• Boosted the confidence levels of team through continuous interaction and motivation
• Presented a paper as part of the Business Excellence group showcasing the steps taken to bring the project on track
Mindtree, Project lead
July 2003 - March 2007, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Responsible for Technically leading the team
Allied Informatics, Programme Analyst
August 2001 - August 2002, Clinton, Mississippi, United States
Responsible for Coding, Design and testing
Wipro, Senior Systems Engineer
July 1998 - December 2000, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Responsible for Coding, Design and Testing