Sr. Digital Communications Manager, Port of Portland
IT and Digital Media Consultant, MediaValet Certified Partner
• Demonstrated ability to manage, develop and implement complex software projects that meet or exceed expectations.
• Proven ability to integrate cross-functional team input to develop holistic and innovative approaches
• Successful track record of managing highly productive cross-functional teams and working with all levels and departments throughout an organization
• Experience implementing and understanding the benefits and application of agile methodology, scrum and the systems development life cycle ( SDLC )
• Listening, learning and adapting to new information from the greater team.
• Developing high performing, sustainable teams and online business processes that improve productivity and make work more fun!
Specializing in --
• Product/Project Management
• Software development projects from the ground up as well and software implementation projects
• Business systems needs assessments, planning and software implementations
• Modeling current and future state of systems
• Bridging the understanding and gap between technology constraints, business needs and stakeholder requirements
• IT and website assessments, strategic Plans
• IT infrastructure assessments and planning
• Developing use cases, user stories and assisting with sprint planning
• Digital asset management
• Integration projects
Port of Portland, Sr. Manager Digital Communications
January 2001 - January 2015, Portland, OR, United States
Product manager, project management and business systems analysis, development / implementations across the enterprise on internal and external facing applications and systems
• Implemented agile methodology and scrum processes, acting scrum product manager on digital communications team.
• Product Management and development for internal and external facing development projects delivered via web technologies.
• Led team in the selection and implementation of core development tools, version control, product migration tools, integrated testing tools and branching methodology.
• Successfully developed and executed a multi-year digital strategy.
• Migration of web infrastructure to multi-tier architecture and responsive design.
• Developed 5-year rolling capital planning model, prioritization process and justifications for desktop hardware, software and servers.
• Implemented servers and network infrastructure and architecture.
• Other Systems: Strategic management, digital asset management, technical resource management systems (as-built drawing management).
Project management -- selected, sourced, developed / implemented a series of firsts at Portland International Airport –
• Multi-user flight information (MUFIDS) system
• Ground transportation permitting and billing system
• Customer service kiosks
• Airport property and lease management system
• Visual paging
• Baggage claim signage system
• Parking management system
• Security management system upgrade
• Asset management system
• Noise management systems
• First in the country to provide real-time flight information online.
Techniques and Technologies --
• Agile/Scrum processes (certified product owner). Extensive experience designing information architecture, taxonomies and logical data modeling. Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, PlanBox to manage user stories, sprints, etc. Microsoft stack (.net, asp.net, MVC, HTML5, SQL Server), jQuery, SharePoint, Digital Asset Management (Media Valet).