Apple, EPM Manager
December 2015 - Present, Cupertino, CA, United States
Leading team of Engineering Program Managers supporting Siri Speech and Siri Platform organizations, also owning and driving Apple Machine Learning Community.
GoDaddy, Director of Program Management
September 2013 - December 2015, Sunnyvale, CA
Program Manager for various cross-corporate initiatives; product owner for dashboards project.
Yahoo, Sr. Program Manager
June 2010 - August 2013, Sunnyvale, CA, US
Scrum Master on various projects (HCatalaog, HBase, CSE, etc) - see below. Master of Scrums (Scrum Master for Scrum of Scrums) for the whole Hadoop Program.
Hadoop Program - a framework for distributed processing of large data sets:
• Managed releases of the Hadoop stack components: Hadoop core (MapReduce/HDFS), Pig, HCatalog/HBase/Hive, Oozie and others built by virtual engineering teams from California, Illinois and India. Managed activities of various teams including Engineering, Solutions, Release and Services engineering.
• Released a major Hadoop stack 0.23 version in alignment with the Open Source community Hadoop schedule. This version is going to be used by hundreds of internal Yahoo customers.
• Migrated several Hadoop sub-teams to Scrum (around 20 people) and acted as a Scrum Master and a Product Owner.
• Organized monthly meetings for the Bay Area Hadoop User Meetup Group attended by more than 350 people.
Cloud Serving Engine, Search and Serving Platforms - products that provide cloud services for the applications such as provisioning and deploying of the software on the cloud, rapid search and indexing, data serving and streaming:
• Managed delivery of multiple releases for various cloud serving products built by virtual teams from Norway, US, India.
• Migrated several teams to Scrum framework (around 50 people) and acted as a Scrum Master.
• Performed Product Manager role and acted as a connector between customers and the engineering teams.
• Established quality metrics and goals for Cloud products and managed collection of the metrics and working towards achieving the set goals by the teams in the Cloud Platform Group department (1,000+ people).
Coral8/Aleri, Director of Support and QA, Project Manager
June 2007 - January 2010, Mountain View, CA, US
(In March 2009 Coral8 was acquired by Aleri).
Complex Event Processing (CEP) Product Suite - the framework for building real time data analysis applications, included the Engine, Studio, Portal and other products written in C/C++, Java, C#, Python using MySQL, Oracle, Sybase:
• Managed new CEP product suite project covering initiation, planning and execution aspects of project management life cycle. This project integrated Coral8 and Aleri CEP pre-acquisition product suites building the real time data pipeline framework and associated applications.
• Released 6 major and multiple minor versions of the CEP product suite. Coordinated release activities between Engineering, QA, Customer Support and Services, Marketing and Product Management departments.
• Managed global QA team providing ongoing quality assurance for all CEP products and release testing activities. Testing included automated and manual client and server side testing, performance testing, etc.
• Managed global Customer Support team to supply Aleri customers with development solutions. Served as liaison between customers and product management and engineering, provided 24x7 on-call support for production issues.
• Performed hiring, performance evaluations, training, assigning and monitoring tasks, career development, and salary increases across multiple divisions of the company.