Cognizant, Scrum Master and Agile Consultant
July 2011 - Present, New Jersey, NJ, United States
I have been working since July, 2011 as Scrum Master implementing Scrum in complex setup. The teams are normally more than 12 and they are belong to different departments and sometimes to different external contractors. My roles is to rationale the existing set-up within the framework of Scrum.
I have implemented the philosophies of Lean to manage the Flow across team and to make the queues visible among various teams. This helped in understanding dependencies and improve our metrics.
Total engagement till March, 3rd, 2012: 160 working days (1,280 hours)
General Motors, Agile coach
October 2012 - Present, Warren, MI, United States
- Coach teams from various sectors on Agile
- Train on Agile and SDLC
- Evolve the enterprise SDLC to provide collaboration needs for enterprise Agile implementation.
Synacor, Lead of Agile Practices
September 2010 - July 2011, Buffalo, NY, United States
My role was to implement Scrum across various product groups. The groups were formed of highly motivated software engineers, product managers and test engineers.
I conducted company-wide Scrum training program for all practitioners (>200 engineers).
I implemented and coached several teams on Scrum.
I helped in implementing company-wide Kanban board for all Scrum teams.
I implemented GreenHopper from Jira during the process of implementing Scrum within the teams.
Total engagement: 10 months (about 42 weeks) = 42*40= 1,680 hours
Koo-Doy, Foounder/ Consultant
April 2010 - September 2010, Mississuaga, Ontario, Canada
I established Koo-Doy after leaving my day job to:
- get exposure to different companies
- implement my own Agile and Scrum ideas in more free way
- Supplement Lean Thinking to Scrum for scaling
I worked in few engagements which total of 100 man-hours during this period.
Research in Motion, Scrum Master
August 2008 - March 2010, Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Lead various projects
- Acted as Black Belt coach for several teams
- Implemented Scrum in various teams
Total engagement time: 20 months (about 2500 man-hours of Scrum experience)
Rogers Telco, Black Belt
November 2007 - August 2008, Toronto, ON, Canada
Implemented Lean approaches across teams from various disciplines including IT, process improvements, Logistics and other teams. The objectives of those projects was to achieve performance gains and solve business problems by identifying and eliminating wastes. This served to reduce the cycle time and helped in reducing cost.
ITS, Senior consultant
September 1999 - November 2007, Cairo, Egypt
- Managed software projects
- Implemented CMMI process improvement program across the whole organization
- Managed software center within the company to deliver solution to address requirements of Middle East users of Higher Educational software product.
- Implemented Lean and Six Sigma principles to improve client services
- Implemented end-to-end client engagement life cycle
Emirates Telco, Project Manager
November 1991 - August 1999, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Lead Design
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Development of Customer Care and Billing Solutions
various roles, Developer
September 1985 - November 1991, Alexandria, Egypt
Played roles of Developer, Designer, Systems Analyst, Team Lead and Project Manager.
The applications we developed were for Maritime transportation companies.