SANIL XAVIER JOHN
#81/40, Kutchery Road, Mylapore, Chennai, INDIA-60004 Mobile: 91-9940665630 ~ E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior level assignments in Quality Management, Agile Scrum Master, Quality Delivery with an organisation of high repute in IT Sector
Accomplished information technology Agile Product Delivery and Quality control over 18 years progressive and comprehensive experience with agile methodologies. Hand-on experience in system study, trouble shooting and Domain Expertise in Collaborative Tools, Supply Chain Management, ERP and SFA. Strong knowledge of software processes in end-to-end Delivery Management and in Quality Assurance.
- Quality Management / Testing - Agile (certified CSM) - Requirement Definition
- Software Configuration Management - Effort & Cost Estimation - Project Stabilization
- Project Management (Onsite / Offsite) - Risk and Issue Management - Team Management
- Delivery Management - Root case Analysis - Time Management
- Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate schedules, costs and resources.
• Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. Meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
• Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
• Directly supervises quality assurance team lead, quality assurance engineers and testers including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- A keen planner, strategist and implementer with demonstrated success in end-to-end project management and ensuring effective management of various resources to meet project specifications.
- Insightful knowledge of business process analysis & design, re-engineering, process rationalization, SCM, cost control, capacity planning, performance measurement and quality.
- Experience in working with Customers, Project Managers and Technical Teams for securing & executing concurrent projects.
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with confident decision making for enabling effective solutions leading to high customer satisfaction and low operational costs.
May ’03 to Till Date: CollabNet, Chennai, India as Senior Manager –Delivery [Scrum Master/Coach].
Mar 03 to Apr: Enlite Networks [Acquired by CollabNet]
Mar ’02 to Feb ’03: Datamate Software & Export Pvt Ltd, kochi, India as Senior Software Engineer
Oct ’96 to Feb ’02: Botree Software International Pvt Ltd, Chennai, India as Quality Assurance Engineer
- Business visit to USA for Project Delivery for 7 times
- SCRUM MASTER [000102566 ] [EXPIRES: 09 Sep 16 ]
- ITIL V3 FOUNDATION [4948295.20235361]
- Managing the entire Testing team [16 members] on CTF product
- Handling end to end management of multiple projects from conceptualisation and visualisation to technology mapping and final execution of projects.
- Setting up Configuration Management Tool using Jenkins and Subversion.
- Conducting system study and coordinating with team members for requirements mapping, system design & integration, implementation, etc.
- Managing and leading team members; allocating resources among team members and guiding team members during the project, till final delivery.
- Scrum Master role, holding review meetings, daily stand-ups (Scrum) to monitor progress of the project/Patch release as per schedule / budgets, ensuring timely completion and delivery of the project to the client.
- Delivering & implementing project as per scheduled deadlines; extending post-implementation and maintenance support to the technical engineering team [CERT] & client.
Databases : Oracle, MSSQL Server, Postgress, MySql
Testing Tool : Silk Test 6.0, Selinium, SOAP UI, Acunetix , Nessus, Link Checker,TestLink
Build Automation : Jenkins
ALM & Agile Tool : CTF & ScrumWorks Pro [SWP]
Software Configuration : Visual Source Safe (VSS), CVS, Subversion, Subversion Edge, Git
Defect Tracking : Bugzilla, Project Tracker, issuezilla,
Projects at CollabNet
CollabNet is the only vendor in the industry to provide a web-based software development environment tool & cloud
Computing specifically designed for geographically distributed development teams. By integrating applications such as
Software Configuration Management and Issue Tracking with collaboration, project management and Application
Lifecycle Management tools in an on-demand environment; CollabNet meets the needs of any development team.
- Project Name: CollabNet TeamForge6.x, 7.x [ July 2006 - till date] Role: Senior Manager - Delivery
As a Senior Manager - Delivery my responsibilities involve sprint commitments, triaging product issue backlog,
Identifying the customer requirements, negotiate with the product owner to bring the feature into the sprint/ release,
Setting up SCM for the release, setup automated nightly builds and unit test and success Delivery of the product.
- Successfully trained and Implemented Scrum Agile teams across different product lines in.
- Fully involved in collecting and implementing customer requirements / issues.
- Defining detailed project scope and schedule for the different work items based on customer priority.
- Leading and coordinating activities with the cross-functional teams and track progress from inception to delivery
- Various patch releases. Planning and tracking schedules, managing critical path, tracking action items to completion
- Reporting status to the management and make escalations whenever/wherever needed. Collecting relevant customer
- Metrics collection and clearly articulating ETA trade-offs between schedule, scope, and resources in response
- Change Requirements, and / or unanticipated events.
- Identify and prioritize the customer issues to roll out patches
- Create a vision for the CEE Customer satisfaction that is in alignment with the vision and mission of CollabNet.
- Outline/Evolve with CollabNet customizable SDLC processes for continuous improvement.
- Adoption of processes to the various teams contributing towards the end product for consistency.
- Responsible for setting up SCM for Code, Build and Test
- Budget for the hardware/software requirements for CollabNet releases and make appropriate escalations.
- Capacity planning and resource utilization for different sprint releases.
- Closely monitor other on-going releases and work proactively to get adequate resources to work on various tasks.
- CEE - Snake [Distributed Development Tool] April 2005 – June 2006] , Quality Lead
- CEE -Amazon [Distributed Development Tool] May 2004 – March 2005 , Senior Test Engineer
- CEE 3.1.1 [Distributed Development Tool] March 2003 –April 2004 :Sr. Software Engineer [Enlite & CollabNet]
Projects at Datamate
- Product Name: HOTSOFT [Hospitality Management System]Sep 2002 – Feb 2003,Test Lead
- Product Name: Mediware [Hospital Management System] March 2002 – Aug 2002,Test Lead
Projects at Botree
- ISO 9001 Certification of Botree Software International Limited March 2001 – Feb 2002, Internal Auditor
- Positive Spiral [Nestle] Jul 1999 – Feb 2001, Senior QA Engineer
- TABS ERP Product solutions Sep 1998-Jun 1999, Senior Test Engineer
- LE TRICOT,Mauritius Oct 1997- Aug 1998, Senior Test Engineer
- RS SPINE (HLL) Oct 1996 - Sep 1997, Customer Support / Test Engineer
M Sc (IT)
Diploma in Software
NIIT, Chennai, India
B.Sc (Mathematics )
University of Calicut,Kerala, India
Date of Birth
26th Nov 1972
Passport Number :
[Expires on 19/03/2022]