Sean C. VeZain
Sean C. VeZain is an Agilist, experienced in guiding organizations through enterprise transformations. Sean works with a team of experienced Agile coaches and trainers with high community engagement to stay on the cutting edge of Agile practices in the industry.
Sean has direct experience coaching 30+ projects in a fortune 50 IT environment with management experience ranging from agile efforts to multi-year, multi-million dollar enterprise programs, coordinating $26 Million+ budgets while transitioning projects from a traditional project management approach to using Agile.
As a Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner, Sean has experience working first hand with teams to truly understand the challenges and organizational impediments that need cleared to reach true agility.
- M.S. in Project Management and Training and Development, Illinois State University – 2006
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management, Illinois State University – 2005
- B.S in Computer Systems Technology, Illinois State University – 2004
- Client/server, networking, operating systems, equipment maintenance and ICs
Professional Designations and Associations
- Certified Agile Leadership
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- ITIL Foundations v3
- Project Management Institute - Member
- Project Management Institute-Central IL Chapter - Member
- Illinois Regional Agile Users Group – Board of Directors
State Farm Insurance, Business Analyst
June 2005 - Present, Bloomington, IL, US
Delivered products varying from infrastructure, mainframe and mobile.. Led as many as 5 concurrent efforts with team sizes up to 20 members, including remote and overseas team members.
Implemented solutions from IBM, Oracle, Microsoft and custom developed internal applications.
Managed a team of Business Analysts working across multiple IT Programs having annual budgets ranging $10 million to $30 million.
Program liaison to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) tracking and managing all system modifications and updates.
Responsible to accurately identify, track and resolve risks, issues and dependencies within and between projects.
Mentor and develop team members’ skills and understanding of Scrum, Agile and Project Management processes to create effective high performing teams.