I have over 5 years experience as a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master and Product Owner. I have been been a part of a wide variety of successful development teams that include government and private industry projects.
I have a deep commitment to Agile methodology and a desire to always be improving my interpersonal communication and technical skills. My history of Agile facilitation and project management combine for a unique perspective to the Scrum Master role. In addition, being a Product Owner affords me the possibility of discussing and understanding the needs of my stakeholders and the direction they would like to see their projects take. I am thrilled to participate in such a dynamic relationship. The rewards of guiding a successful product to fruition are immense and I truly value of the opportunities I have been a part of.
Nike, Scrum Master
January 2015 - Present, Portland, OR, US
• Coach Scrum and Kanban teams to establish and evolve their development processes.
• Facilitate Scrum ceremonies to encourage team self-management and organization.
• Ensure deliverables are transparent and demoed for stakeholders.
• Document Scrum artifacts and metrics to identify areas of success and improvement.
• Foster an environment of safe communication and mutual respect.
• Strengthen team foundations with retrospective exercises and Agile games.
• Formulate action plans to reveal and resolve impediments for teams.
• Coordinate software releases with project managers and release management.
• Cooperatively established new Cloud based, continuous integration Scrum team.
• Launched Scrum Master Community of Practice to collaborate and learn with other Agile enthusiasts.
cPanel Inc., Product Owner
December 2012 - November 2014, Houston, TX, US
• Collaborate with project stakeholders and sponsors to develop goals and business requirements.
• Prioritize backlog of user stories based on customer needs, scope, and available resources.
• Actively communicate with users to determine and discuss their needs and ideas.
• Provide final approval of the work presented by a team of developers, QA analysts, and writers.
• Define short and long term project roadmaps including customer benefit analyzation.
• Gather and document user story requirements for sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives.
• Facilitated meetings including planning sessions and daily standups for 7 member cross functional team.
• Removed escalations and impediments for team members.
• Implemented a project to remove 10 legacy components to reduce the software surface area.
• Oversaw codebase maintenance overhaul to ensure security and reliability of product.
• Utilized JIRA and Targetprocess management software.
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Product Owner
March 2010 - November 2012, Boise, ID, US
- Product Owner for Agile developed Management Information System (MIS) for the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program of Idaho.
- Oversaw and participated in the successful implementation of the WIC MIS in February 2012.
- Collaborated with Idaho WIC stakeholders to create business requirements for MIS replacement project.
- Owner and manager of product backlog for sprint user stories and software release planning.
- Gathered and documented user story requirements for sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Organized and conducted state wide User Acceptance Testing of the WIC MIS.
- Managed and operated the WIC Helpdesk.
- Performed troubleshooting over phone and email to resolve legacy and newly implemented MIS issues.
- Maintained projects using ScrumWorks management software.