Over 12 years of experience in Software Industry as Scrum master, Project manager, Test Project Manager, Product Engineer and Testing professional in reverse chronological order. Able to solve technical problems by thinking. Thrives for creativity in each of the responsibilities. A quick learner.
Scrum Master (2 years in past before Project Manager role and in present)
Served two teams in past and serving two teams at present as Scrum Master.
Responsibilities include the followings:
- Removing impediments – be it any hardware or response from any other team, etc.
- Mentoring, motivating and coaching the teams by explaining the benefits of Scrum and help them to believe in Scrum rather than just following it
- Resolve internal conflicts within the teams
- Radiation of information regarding daily progress and highlight performances
- Protecting the team from external disturbances. Motivate and support the team to try and inspect new things in their work
- Helping the team to be self-organized
- Support the Product Owner in various aspects such as release planning by facilitating the team to provide story points against user stories
- Motivating the teams to implement automation and facilitate them with tools such as CI server.
Project manager (2 years)
- Software project management related to a Product (Printer devices)
- Defining the scope of the software for a particular Product
- Aligning software scope with future business goals
- Guiding documentation
- Planning and scheduling with proper alignment to Product release
- Monitoring and controlling
- Decision making and promoting prioritization of defects
- Handling Change requests
- Information and regular status sharing with stakeholders
- Risk analysis and providing mitigation and contingency plans
- Cost estimation for a particular type of project
- Suggesting and incorporating tools to ease day-to-day activities of Project management team
- Establishing synchronization between Scrum teams and Product test teams
- Releasing (both as Software CD and to Lexmark website)
- Project closure
Test Project Manager (2 years)
Testing projects involve testing of Lexmark Printer drivers, Lexmark Scan drivers, installation and associated Lexmark applications. This includes 8 teams with a total strength of about 50 team members.
- Understand the testing effort by analyzing the requirements of project.
- Testing effort estimation
- Project scheduling with respect to testing
- Identification of areas of automation implementation
- Changing test strategies to meet business needs
- Arrangement of the hardware (mainly printers) for the project
- Assigning tasks to the respective teams
- Daily monitoring of test progress
- Communicating regularly with development teams to align testing needs accordingly
Product Engineer (5 years)
Leading a team of Product Engineers for Lexmark Printer drivers and installation, Lexmark Document Solutions Suite and Lexmark MarkVision Professional (a printer management tool)
- Communicating with second-level of support to get to know the problem
- Field issue reproduction
- Identifying area of problem
- Solving the problem (fixing the bug), if required help is solicited from the development team – includes developing using C, C++.
- Finding ways to implement the solution at the customer’s end
- Communicating directly with Lexmark’s clients for critical issues
Product Development (simultaneous projects during early phase of Product Engineering)
- Developed Inventory Management System (in-house project) in PHP and MYSQL
- Developed Call Logging System (in-house project) in PHP and MYSQL
- Developed a tool named LexPETool which can be used to gather information regarding printers installed on a Windows Operating system and other System information. The tool is designed to work on all Windows platforms. This is developed in MFC.
- Discuss with other teams, management to gather requirement
- Designing the application
- UI design
- Using iterative method to get feedback from stakeholders
- Database designing
Testing (10 months)
- Testing of printer drivers
- Scrum methodology
- Project Management
- Printer driver architecture
Lexmark International (India) Pvt. Ltd.
From 12th June, 2006 till now
Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt. Ltd. (as a contractor to Lexmark)
9th June, 2003 – 9th June, 2006
B.Tech in Information Technology from RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata (affiliated to Kalyani University) in 2003.
Lexmark International (India) Pvt. Ltd., Scrum Master, Test Project Manager, Product Engineer, Testing Professional
June 2006 - Present, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Working as a Scrum Master (for last 1.5 years) and serving two teams.
Worked as Test Project Manager for 2 years.
Lead a team of Product Engineers for 5 years.
Development exposure in C, C++, PHP, MySql.
Worked as a Testing professional for 10 months.
Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Product Engineer, Testing Professional
June 2003 - June 2006, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Worked as a contractor to Lexmark International (India) Pvt. Ltd.