As a Certified Scrum Professional and Agile Project Manager for Elsevier Health Sciences, I bring over 5 years of proven Agile experience and a track record of leading globally distributed teams through the challenging transition from waterfall and iterative processes to Agile practices.
My training abilities and over fifteen years of project management experience gives me the perspective needed to guide teams and Agile leaders within the organizations. As the director of multiple projects, I have seen resistance to changes as well as misconceptions by team members of the Agile methodologies. This makes me uniquely being able to help translate their existing world to the Agile world.
I believe that Agile is more than an alternate project management methodology and I am passionate about deepening the roles in Agile, specifically as an Agile Coach and Professional to help Agile move into its fullest expression.
At Elsevier Health Sciences, I am guiding teams to deliver quality customer value as fast as possible and building reporting practices for senior management in order that they are comfortable with the way we track software teams' progress and assuring them that we are not missing any of the key metrics. Adapting to the Agile/Scrum framework is a cultural challenge for the organizations and I have been able to address some of these challenges by being able to compare projects run on two different models of Waterfall and Agile due to my advantage of managing multiple projects within the Organization
I look forward to hearing your questions and your challenges.
I look forward to providing my insight on how by using Agile and Scrum you can tackle them.
February 2013 - Present, Philadelphia, PA
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions and deliver better care. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions and some of their flagship products are ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence, and ClinicalKey including a number of iconic reference works..As an IT Project Director, some of my key focus areas are,
• Directing and managing complex system implementations for large, academic medical centers and integrated delivery networks (IDN)
• Coaching and mentoring technology teams on Agile methodologies & Scrum practices
• Developing and managing complex budgets (capital P&L) and project portfolio management
• Coordinating cross team dependencies with CRM, Global Finance and Content Management
• Ensuring productivity by fostering creativity, empowerment and accountability within the team
• Manage the scope, work plans, risks, budgets, resources, timelines, and deliverables.
• Manage the strategic and tactical aspects of large engagements for multiple healthcare clients across the US
• Communicate with hospital leadership on the project progress besides setting and managing project expectations
• Responsible for Elsevier PMO reports and CEO highlights
• Projects: SOLR Search engine implementation for ScienceDirect, ClinicalKey International launches and EHR implementations