Deloitte, Product Owner/Technical Lead
January 2012 - Present, Chicago, IL, United States
Product Owner of the HP Project and Portfolio Management (HP PPM) implementation at Deloitte
- The HP PPM Implementation provides project management capabilities to approximately 9000 users across the globe
- Managed product issues from end users to the vendor ensuring proper resolution was reached
- Provided functional and technical support of the application to resolve critical end user issues. Provided white glove support of high priority issues affecting Partners, Principals and Directors within Deloitte Consulting
August 2013 to December 2013 - Major Functional Enhancement Release
- As Technical Lead, managed global teams of 50 resources ensuring delivery of major functional release/enhancements to the HP PPM implementation
- Managed deployment window ensuring tasks completed on time and no defects released to the production environment
- Supervised complex application compatibility testing with various Windows OS and Office components. Worked with the vendor to prioritize efforts to resolve issues within the COTS platform
- Release provided increased functionality for stakeholders and end users ensuring wider adoption of the tool at client sites world-wide
May 2013 to October 2013 - 6 Month Performance Improvement Release
- As Technical Lead, supervised global team of 50 resources for a major performance improvement project for the HP PPM implementation
- Increased overall performance of the HP PPM application by 150%
- Using data analysis, focused performance improvement efforts on areas that would provide most gain to end users
- Worked with vendor to provide support and improvements within the COTS application
- Managed the deployment window ensuring tasks scheduled and completed on time and no defects were introduced to the production environment
- Managed performance testing of proposed fixes to validate
December 2012 to April 2013 - 5 Month Application and Infrastructure Upgrade
- Took over as Product Owner of the HP PPM application at Deloitte bringing knowledge and respect to a complex project
- Supervised the complex infrastructure and application foundation upgrade of the HP PPM platform
- Release focused on improving application stability and the replacement of out of date infrastructure
- Managed multiple global teams of 50 resources. Teams included: infrastructure, database, development, testing
- Managed a 48 hour deployment window ensuring the upgrade was applied successfully with no defects introduced to the production environment
January 2012 to December 2012
- Provide product level support of custom development within a COTS software applications.
- Work with product and project management teams to facilitate deployments of system and functional updates.
- Work with business stakeholders and testing teams to develop requirements for business applications.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support of applications to ensure resolution of critical issues. Work with vendors to escalate platform issues to ensure satisfactory resolution of critical issues.
- Utilize complex data management skills to solve functional issues with applications.
University of Illinois, Analyst
October 2004 - January 2012, Chicago, IL, United States
- Designed use-case for Business Intelligence systems at the University. Evaluated potential systems ensuring needs of the university were met.
- Designed and built custom web-based systems for HR and Academic program analysis.
- Conducted focus groups and training seminars with end users.
- Implemented Blackberry Enterprise Server integration into Exchange 2003/2007 environment. System implementation ensured medical personnel had ability to communicate with patients and medical units. Managed QA testing upon integration with MS Exchange server. Provided support for end user troubleshooting. Developed training materials and conducted university-wide training on new system availability.
- Implemented university-wide Media Management System. Consulted with vendors, systems administrators and university clients. Developed implementation plans and training seminars. Coordinated network and systems setups to ensure project timeline was met.
- Managed and administered the migration from MS Exchange 2003 to MS Exchange 2007 including the research, planning and execution while maintaining user’s accessibility to email throughout.
- Supported highest levels of University Administration including the Chancellor, Provost and their immediate staffs responding to technology needs in professional manner.