BIO of Suma Puligella:
Ms. Puligella is an experienced technical project manager offering 15 plus years of success leading all phases of diverse technology projects; PMP, ITIL, SA4.0, CSP, CSPO and CSM credentials and extensive experience in federal, non-profit and commercial environments for commercial off the self (COTS) , web-based and custom applications.
Planned and managed multi million-dollar projects/initiatives aligning business goals with technology solutions. Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Expert in agile and waterfall project management methodologies. Able to manage large project teams and known for high-quality deliverables that meet or exceed timeline and budgetary targets.
- Led teams across broad technical, quality, database, CM and business disciplines.
- Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed within the scheduled time and budget and with the desired results.
- Mitigated risk factors through careful analysis. Anticipated and managed change effectively in rapidly evolving business environments.
- Defined processes and tools best suited to each project. Moved between agile and waterfall approaches depending on project specifics and client goals, creating detailed project road maps, plans, schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Capable of handling multiple projects/releases simultaneously.
August 2016 - Present,
Manager - PMO
September 2015 - June 2016, , United States
Scrum Master / Project Manager
DISYS, ITValue PM
October 2014 - September 2015, McLean, VA
IT Value Operations Program Manager / Scrum Master / Business Process Lead
SRA International Inc, Technical PM / Scrum Master
December 2013 - September 2014, Rockville, MD, US
As a Technical Project Manager I played the role of a Scrum master on the team. We adopted Agile framework and every sprint was 2 to 4 weeks long. As a scrum master I was responsible for;
- Involved in sprint planning (incs. poker planning) and manage product backlog, sprint retrospective meetings.
- Conducting daily scrum meetings with the team.
- Obtain status to ensure they were on track.
- Removed any obstacles or roadblocks so the team can focus on delivering.
- Ensured that there was continuous collaboration, cooperation and face-2-face conversations on the team.
- Ensured that working software was delivered to the customer on a regular basis (in weeks rather than in months).
SRA International Inc, Release Manager/Scrum Master
January 2011 - November 2013, Rockville, MD, US
As a SW release manager I played the role of a scrum master on the team. I was in-charge of managing the release from start (from inception phase) to finish (to implementation phase) using Agile framework. As part of this role;
- Conducted daily scrum meetings on the team.
- Obtained their status and ensured that the team was on track.
- Responsible for removing any obstacles/impediments that the team was in order to achieve target goals and deliverable's.
- Acted as a buffer between the team and any external distractions.