My name is Sanna Hukkanen. I hold a degree in MSc Eng. with a major from strategy and minor from telecommunications. Currently I am in the process of finishing my PhD thesis in Tampere University of Technology Department of Industrial Economics. The topic of my research is the importance of technological features in relation to product architecture and electronic components. I have also been involved in project work concerning work task assignment and optimization in electronic industry.
Before career in academic I used to work at Nokia Devices where my responsibilities were product management of personal applications and communication software. I am very familiar with Agile working methods as I was acting as Product Owner and Domain Manager and I have been coaching new teams in taking Agile methods and Srum into use. I have several years working history in telecommunication industry including both software and hardware areas. My work has involved co-operation with business development and technical areas as well as communication with external customers.
My interests outside academic and professional life include actitivies with my family including two dogs. I am also a keen scuba diver as. Travelling and different cultures are important to me and I also learning new languages.
Tampere University of Technology, researcher
January 2010 - December 2010, Tampere, Finland
Phd thesis work including survey design and survey results analysis
Nokia, Product Manager / Senior Platform Analyst
October 1999 - April 2009, , Finland
-Roadmapping and evaluation of business value of new features. Supervision of the R&D process of these features.
- Consepting of new applications and features.
- Certified Scrum Master, Acting as a product owner of scrum teams. Training
and ramp-up of Agile methods in Beijing/China team.
- Internally interfacing with developers, UI designers, business development,
portfolio and strategy management.
- Externally interfacing with customers such as operators and 3rd party
Senior Platform Analyst
- Compilation of competitor product roadmaps including hardware information.
- Forecasting of future products based on the roadmaps.
- Financial and strategic analysis of key competitors:
- Support for Portfolio Planning and strategy work in the form of competitor and market analysis. Forecasting of coming technologies and trends.
- Comparison of Nokia’s smartphone hardware and software offering to competitors.
- Participation in vendor negotiations
- Analysis of new competitor products and new features in the markets. The scope of analysis audio, imaging, input, memory and connectivity solutions.
- Analysis of Japanese and Korean markets and success of Nokia’s products in these markets.