Slavko Licina M.Eng, CSM
168 Signal Ridge Link SW
Calgary, AB T3H 2J9
Tel. (B): 403.800.3803
Tel. (C): 403.461.6783
Slavko Licina is an information technology specialist with more than 25 years of experience. He has extensive experience across the full project lifecycle from initiation through solution development, integration and implementation as well as extensive experience with Agile. He has contributed to successful project implementations as developer, business analyst, solution designer and project manager. Slavko is competent in conceptualization, implementation and support.
Slavko has excellent communication skills, including listening and comprehension abilities. He is able to work effectively independently or in a team environment, working with technical, business and management resources. He possesses an ability to think logically and analytically to solve complex problems and make informed decisions. He is proficient in carrying out tasks with thoroughness, precision and attention to detail.
AREAS OF STRENGTH:
- Strong technical background as a developer & systems analyst. Supported analysis work with data extracts and ad-hoc reports using SQL queries against various databases.
- Business requirements gathering and gap analysis, business process mapping and impact documentation, estimating client change requests, making decisions and recommendations on system issues, coordinating and managing project activities, interfacing with business user groups
- Business Analyst, Project Manager and Scrum Master on Agile projects
- Solid experience with web development, including online customer signup portals, intranets and public facing Internet web sites
- Led a collaboration initiative to facilitate sharing documents and communication via a secure area (where electronic documents and ideas can be shared). Deployed a secure site where employees can collaborate with external partners, organization or agency utilizing a cloud-based solution.
- Records management experience gained on Corporate Information Classification and Retention Schedule, LiveLink growth, SharePoint to LiveLink integration and Enterprise Search initiatives
- Sole BA working on OH&S implementation in one of the major Calgary companies
- Strong interpersonal skills. Throughout career able to build positive and strong relationship with both clients and peers. These skills enabled positive team collaboration on both development and integration projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, multitask and perform under pressure (simultaneous projects)
FGL Sports Ltd
Project: SportChek.ca e-commerce
Period: March 2014 – Current
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
- High end e-commerce project in a complex Agile environment with significant number of off-shore resources.
- Interacting daily with the business stakeholders, solution architects and offshore developers delivering Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria for following functionalities, using MS Visio for SIPOC diagram and other artifacts:
- Web Site Taxonomy
- My Account
- Social login
- Order history
- Order tracking
- Preferred stores maintenance
- Sales Audit
- E-mail Notifications
- Social Media Integration
- Corporate Data Warehouse Integration
- Shop by Appointment
- Gift Card Integration
- Data Migration
- Working with the Product Owner and stakeholders on product backlog prioritization
- Giving valuable feedback on product owner goals to provide team with clear idea what they are working towards in the next sprint
- Actively participating in daily scrums
- Running sprint retrospectives
- Vendor interaction (EPAM, Adobe, hybris, Manhattan)
ATB Investment Services
Project: Forms Rationalization & OnLine Paperless Authorization
Period: July 2013 – March 2014
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
- In charge of collection of information and documentation of all ATBIS processes and forms used by them
- Identified forms are rationalized by being combined, fields removed and signatures removed
- Process using those forms are then optimized and reengineered.
- For Paperless Authorization piece we are using web based DocuSign tool where we are importing our newly redesigned forms and then push them through workflow of electronic signatures and approvals.
- Vendor interaction (DocuSign)
Portfolio: IT Relationship Management
Period: October 2010 – June 2013
Role: Business Analyst/ PM
- Utilized Enterprise Project Delivery Framework using Stage-Gate Process (Ideation / Design / Implementation / Benefits Realization)
- As a BA on Web 2.0, for both customer facing ENMAX.com and intranet Intramax, projects developed Business Cases, performed stakeholder analysis, and analyzed solution alternatives. Reviewed current state architecture, conducted requirements workshops, delivered complex Business Requirements Documents and Traceability Matrices. Also has delivered substantial piece of RFP package.
- BA/PM on several infrastructure projects: Osprey Camera (infrastructure upgrade to live web camera in Calgary Zoo providing live web feed of nesting Osprey to general public through enmax.com web site), Hanel Tower Controller upgrade solution that integrates existing Hanel Storage system with PeopleSoft back end, Oracle & SQL Server upgrade, Mobile Device Management, Enterprise Firewall upgrade, Converged Infrastructure, SharePoint / LiveLink collaboration, Telephony – PBX, Voice recording, Second Data Centre.
- As a Business Systems Analyst and Project Technical Lead responsible for interfacing Enablon OH&S & Environment Management system to ENMAX PeopleSoft HR and MVRS (meter reading system). Eliciting requirements for offline form, used by field crews, to capture environmental spills and hazards. Leading incident and performance management conversion and application QA. Leading business change management (managing push back and getting buy in, training, communication).
- Worked closely with QA helping set up test scenarios in HP Quality Centre for the new OH&S system
- Vendors interaction (Enablon, Karo, uxGuys, Zoom Media, IMB, LongView, NetApp …)
The City of Calgary
Period: July 2009 – October 2010
Role: Management Systems Analyst
- As a MSA delivered on time following web based projects, using SharePoint as a technology: “Enhanced Intranet Search”, “E-forms”, “PeopleSoft / SharePoint Interface”, “Event Registration System”, “All Employee Intranet Access”, “SharePoint Extranet Collaboration” and “Training Registration System”
- Provided my website expertise to help Calgary.ca project team
- Created business cases, project plans, documented system and functional requirements using use cases, created business process diagrams, architecture diagrams, created fit/gap analysis documentation, alternatives evaluation document and other project deliverables.
- Interacted with variety of vendors (e.g. SHI, BTRG, Microsoft, Google)
- Tracked and reported on projects statuses to the program leadership
Project: AGA Program
Period: April 2008 – June 2009
Role: Business Systems Analyst
- Worked as a Business Systems Analyst on two of projects that were part of the AGA program, consisting of 7 projects, to replace and retire GSAM system. GSAM system is 20+ old legacy system that supported Commercial Operations of the Alberta Gas Pipeline.
- The first project was “AGA Before-Flow” (Alberta Gas Accounting) which was replacing all the Before-Flow functions of the GSAM system (Shipper validations, Contract validation, Credit checking, Capacity validation, etc.). Responsible to gather business requirements, create Use Cases, and develop business process models.
- The Second project was “GSAM Data Archive and Decommissioning”. Once the new system was in place, worked on the project to archive the GSAM data and decommission the system. There were 17 stakeholder groups with conflicting interests. Certain groups wanted all of the data, since the system beginning, while others wanted to save money and time and keep only 7 years’ worth of data. As part of the business requirements gathering, facilitated a compromise between stakeholder groups to archive only the last 10 years of data.
Period: May 2005 – April 2008
Role: Senior Business Analyst, IS Project Manager, ScrumMaster
- Senior Business Analyst for Commercial and Industrial business on several initiatives: Contract Management System, Customer Web Portal (Self-Service), Gas Settlement. Creating change request evaluation documents outlining high level business requirements, cost estimate and business benefits. As a part of the project team, mostly using Agile, maintaining backlog with product owner and writing story cards for use by development team.
- Successfully promoted corporate solution (customer web enrolment and contract management) to the client business group.
- Business Analyst / Project manager for Customer Enrolment and Contract Management project (Agile) delivered on time and under budget. Estimate by Corporate Architect was that this implementation saved close to 1 million dollars over 5 years in IT cost only.
- Scrum Master / Project manager for BC Residential Market Entry project valued over $350,000
- Business Analyst / Project manager for BC Marketing Web Portal and Customer Online Signup
- Business Systems Analyst for Alberta customer contracts renewals. Gathered and documented business functional requirements and business processes.
- Business Analyst supporting Sales and Marketing department with process modeling and use case / story cards development on multiple initiatives and projects involving third party vendors, service providers and project team spread in several cities and countries
- Coordinated testing effort using Test Director (HP Quality Centre) as a tool
ENMAX Encompass / Accenture Business Services for Utilities
Period: May 2001 – May 2005
Role: Senior Business Analyst
- As a project business analyst gathered business requirements, mapped business processes and documented impacts, estimated client change requests, made decisions and recommendations on system issues, acted as subject matter expert on the number of projects including Enron customers’ acquisition and system conversion.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the mass market and small commercial billing system (Banner), the large commercial - time of use billing system (MV-PBS) and related systems (MV-Star, MV-Web, MV-RS) and interfaces.
- Defined process flows and determined automation opportunities
- Analyzed, mapped, documented and re-engineered business processes using ARIS modeling tool
- Created Activity and Sequence diagrams using UML
- Created complex SQL scripts and stored procedures
- As a member of senior IT team responsible to bring Rational Unified Process and iterative development in-house. This was abandoned after IT shop has outsourced to Accenture.
- Coaching less experienced Business Analysts staff
DMR Consulting Group Inc. (now Fujitsu Consulting)
Project: Object Oriented Services Group
Period: January 2000 - May 2001
Roles: Systems Architect
- A member of the OO Services Group trained in object-oriented analysis and design and in Java related technologies.
- As a team member on the Competency Profile project participated in Object-Oriented design using Visio and UML. Developed dynamic web content using Java, JSP, Java Beans, Servlets, MS-Access, etc.
- Part of a small team that gathered system requirements, analyzed, designed and developed part of n-tier, distributed system, Distribution List Service and Directory Service components using OOAD techniques, Paradigm-Plus, UML, Fast Cycle, Java, JNDI, LDAP, XML, XML-RPC, eXtreme Programming and other.
- Team lead for the IT Technical Training project. Worked with customers and systems programmers to identify needs and develop specifications. Tasks include project management, object-oriented software design, programming, team coaching and work with testing and software release groups. This was partially new development, partially existing system refactoring using Java, HTML, Dreamweaver, JAYDOH framework, JDBC, Sybase and has been deployed in Solaris/iPlanet environment.
Client: AFSC (Alberta Financial Services Corporation)
Project: GSAM Y2K Risk Assessment Analysis
Period: November 1999 - January 2000
Roles: QA Analyst
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of all changes to GSAM application since Y2K conversion implementation (February 1999).
- Responsible for creating documentation cross-referencing service requests and modules with the level of Y2K risk that the changes to the modules might pose.
Project: Emergency Response Compensation
Period: May 1999 - October 1999
Roles: Systems Architect
Development Team Lead
- As a member of the Information System Architecture group on Emergency Response Compensation project (ERC) participated in workshops with clients addressing issues and finding optimal solutions.
- Using Macroscope for Generic Development Path responsible for creation of System Architecture and Release Design and Construction phase documentation.
- Responsible for design of system and integration test plans.
- Acted as a development team leader.
- Provided guidance and coaching to developers.
Project: GSAM AMS
Period: May 1998 - May 1999
Role: Lead Application Maintenance Analyst
- Lead Application Maintenance Analyst supporting critical GSAM application in complex VMS environment, using Natural 1.4 and 2.1 running ADABAS.
- Maintained systems as required by Service Level Agreements, following AMS methodology and defined practices.
- Provided planning, scheduling and estimates for enhancements and project work, as well as day to day support problems.
- Provided training, guidance and coaching to junior and new practitioners.
The City of Calgary
Period: December 1997 - May 1998
Role: Automation Analyst - Team Lead
- Responsible for a team of four Automation Technicians working on installation and maintenance of operations automation software packages mainly IBM and Computer Associates products such as DFSMS/MVS, RMM, TLMS, CA-DISPATCH, JOBTRAC, RUNTRAC, OPS etc.
Period: September 1994 - December 1997
Role: Programmer Analyst
- As a Programmer Analyst, part of the team responsible for the creation, development, implementation and maintenance of UCIS (Utility Customers Information System) application (300,000 customers), batch and on-line.
- Oversaw and participated in maintenance and development of billing subsystem that includes batch stream that produces 15000 bills each night and on-line bill printing for customer service and cashiers area.
- Created documentation, training manuals and training sessions for the users.
- Gathered business requirements and wrote detailed program specs.
Various Companies, Croatia & Bosnia and Herzegovina
Period: May 1985 - February 1993
Roles: Programmer Analyst
- High School for Applied Mathematics and Information Technology, Zagreb, Croatia, 1978
- M.Eng. Civil Engineering, University of Zagreb, Croatia, 1984
- Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, 2007
- Various Systems Analysis, Business Analysis, Business Process Reengineering, Project Management and Agile Training (Complete list of courses, vendors and certificates available on request)