T.P. Somesh Kumar
- MBA, CSM and CSPO with 15+ years of IT development, testing, team leading and management experience in both MNC and start-up environments. Balancing the unique talents of individuals and their expectations to meet and exceed the demands of targeted Customer requirements using Scrum and Agile methodology.
Current Experience Profile in Ericsson
- Managing Performance Management Suite of products (involving 3 projects – Classic Performance Management, ENIQ Stats & ENIQ Events in WCDMA and LTE domains) developed and maintained by Software Design Maintenance team from February 2011.
- Project Managing 35 Engineers working offshore from Wipro Bangalore and 10 Engineers working onsite from Ericsson, Athlone who deliver the Emergency Corrections (ECs), Emergency Units (EUs) and Correction Units (CUs) related to Performance Management suite of products being used by the Operators based all around the world who are Ericsson’s Customers.
- Ensuring that Software quality for providing highly resilient Maintenance Product.
- Monitoring Working Level Agreements (WLAs) to ensure that WLA deadlines related to answering of the Trouble Reports (TRs) are met by the team.
- Assessing the performance of the outsourcing partners regularly from an Assignment Owner perspective and giving regular constructive feedback for improvements.
- Dealing with resource allocations and budgeting of the project along with the Line Manager.
- Managing the server pool for software delivery and team of 30 people in sourcing of new server and also support requests using VMWare Cloud enabled Virtual Machines and Applications across all the Requirements Areas in Ericsson, Athlone, since February 2012 to present date:
- Introduced Kanban Way of Working as the Scrum Master to cater to the enormous amount of support and deployment requests that was dealt on a daily basis which needed to be prioritised dynamically.
- Managing the Capital and Operational expenditures (Capex and Opex) across all the Requirement Areas. The budget managed is in the range of 10 Million USD.
- Strategic forecasting of servers for software by liaising with concerned Managers for all areas including Development, Feature Test, System Test and Node Product Test. Brought in a lot of stability to this area with proactive strategic implementations.
- Prioritising Business Cases to source and secure servers for software installations on the basis of the strategic forecast rounds with the concerned managers.
- Managing support requests and new service requests related to software for blades, clarions, VNX and non-blade related rack-mounted servers and cloud provisioning. Coordinating with ITTE organisation, who deal with Hardware sourcing and maintenance for Ericsson’s Product Development Unit (PDU).
- Driving rollout of software virtualisation and thin provisioning cloud storage, that brings enormous savings in terms of capital and operational expenditure for Ericsson.
Experience history in Ericsson
- Started with Ericsson Systems Expertise Ltd., Athlone, Ireland from 4th Sep. 2000 till date.
- I was involved in Design, development and testing of the embedded software called Cello-Media Gateway (C-MGw) Operation and Maintenance (O&M) for 2 and a half years from Sept. 2000 to March 2003. C-MGw is an important part of Third Generation of Telecom being used worldwide by many operators now.
- Involved in the transfer of the Media Gateway product to Ericsson, Turku, Finland. The transfer was completed successfully and on time.
- Developing software using C++ for Connection Manager (CMG) Product, which provides end-to-end ATM connection service. Team Leader for the Core team in CMG- 2 years from year April 2003 to May 2005.
- Worked in Product Line Maintenance (PLM) Department, delivering tested products to the operators, for 2-and-a-half years from June 2005 to Jan 2008. I was involved in co-ordinating Emergency Correction (EC) deliveries to the customers from Central PLM perspective.
- Technical Single Point of Contact (SPoC) in Ericsson Network IQ Stats Product, the Multi-vendor Performance Management Solution of Ericsson, which is based on Sybase IQ Data warehouse and Business Objects. Excelled in that role for 3 years from Feb. 2008 to Feb. 2011.
Previous Experience Profile before Ericsson:
- Faculty in Aptech Computer Education, Kothapet, Hyderabad from Dec. 1997 to Feb. 1999.
- Software Engineer in Soft Dot Net, Mehdipatnam, Hyderabad from Feb. 1999 to Feb. 2000.
- Software Engineer in Wintech Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd. From Feb. 2000 to Aug. 2000.
- MBA (Master of Business Administration) from Dublin Institute of Technology with Second Class Upper Merit in September 2013.
- Research on “Subsidiary Mandate Churn and expansion in high-cost countries: The Subsidiary Mandate Churn (SMC) Matrix” as part of the final semester.
- M.Sc. in Management of Innovation and Technology from Dublin Institute of Technology with Second Class Upper Merit in September 2012.
- Individual project completed on “Subsidiary Strategic Initiatives examined from the Resource Based View of the Firm: Developing the Subsidiary Core Competence Matrix”.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) from Scrum Alliance in September 2013.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) from Scrum Alliance in January 2010.
- M.Sc. (Software Engineering) from Athlone Institute of Technology. Passed with First class Honours in September 2003.
- B.Sc. (Computers) from Bankatlal Badruka College of I.T., Kachiguda, Hyderabad. Passed with distinction in July 1997.