My name is Shannon Hinshaw. I'm a senior professional with widespread experience in project management, account management, digital advertising, leadership, and operations offering a diverse set of skills and education. I hold the ability to manage teams as well as large Fortune 500 accounts, build long-standing relationships, and deliver quality solutions under numerous constraints. Over the last several years, I have earned three scrum certifications including: CSM, CSP, and CPO.
I am currently the Director of Digital Production at HCB Health.
HCB is a full-service advertising agency, built from the ground up to meet the evolving needs of modern healthcare and pharma brands. www.hcbhealth.com. Here's a snapshot of my responsibilities and accomplishments:
• Hired as Senior Project Manager. Promoted to Project Management Lead and later to Director of Digital Production during tenure. Won employee of the month award December 2014.
• Oversee and manage all digital projects for large healthcare clients such as Alcon, Johns Hopkins, Astute Medical, Keralink, Schumacher Clinical Partners, Texas Oncology, Edgemont Pharmaceuticals, and more. Projects include apps, websites, e-books, email blasts, banners, and social media engagements for project budgets up to $550k. Hold ability to lead any size or complexity of project, manage to client goals, and follow precise procedures.
• Successfully lead cross-functional and distributed teams to launch for several complex B2B and B2C large websites and apps. Directly manage two Producers/Project Managers and indirectly manage developers.
• Hold innate ability to creatively problem solve solutions for client projects with complex requirements and aggressive timelines. Consistently deliver quality solutions under numerous constraints.
• Implement new processes to help reduce inefficiencies and drive project improvement across the agency.
At HCB Health, we conduct both waterfall and agile projects. I'm currently working with my VP of Digital Services to implement agile methodologies across the organization. One of the challenges with implementing scrum in our organization is not having in house developers. We recognize the importance of co-located teams. In order to rectify this issue, we are looking into having developers work with us in our office with other team members 2-3 days a week.
My greatest experience with Agile Scrum was at a previous company Four Kitchens. Four Kitchens is a premier design and development agency working with Drupal and other open-source software focusing on scalability, performance, theming, and mobile development. www.fourkitchens.com. Four Kitchens is an exclusively agile development company. I experienced much success on projects running scrum for almost four years with satisfied and involved client partners. Here's a snapshot of my responsibilities and accomplishments:
• Promoted from Project Manager to Director of Project Management & Client Relations.
• Lead large, Drupal website projects for clients such as The Economist, NBC, Yale University, Stanford University, Wikimedia Foundation, and ICANN.
• Established clear and attainable project objectives, built the project requirements, and managed the triple constraint successfully for each project. Average project budget of $100K - $600K.
Prior to Four Kitchens, I was at SiTV, which was later purchased by Fuse Media, LLC. At SiTV/Fuse, I was a Digital Producer hired to lead a team of in-house and contract Drupal developers, designers, and copywriters in $1 Million re-design of company website. We used Agile Scrum software development and successfully delivered the website to stakeholders within one year.