Malwarebytes, Scrum Master
October 2015 - Present, Clearwater, Florida, United States
Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams, collocated as well as distributed.
Quark Software, Inc., Quality Assurance Team Lead/Scrum Master
June 2012 - January 2015, Saint Petersburg, FL, United States
• Served as Scrum Master for two XML Research & Development teams.
• Coached team members to lead the Daily Scrum and Sprint Planning meetings.
• Led Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
• Worked closely with the Product Owner and the Development Manager to establish Sprint priorities and delivery deadlines.
• Assisted the Product Owner in maintaining product backlogs, including helping to determine story priorities and write user stories.
• Worked with both teams to design streamlined “on-boarding” processes that helped new team members to rapidly get up to speed on team Scrum and engineering practices.
• Helped teams periodically refine their “Definition of Done” to clarify goals and expectations for completing Sprint commitments.
• Used Scrum to direct a team of quality engineers based in Quark’s office in India.
• Managed and trained QA engineers locally and in India.
• Performed annual reviews for team members. This included evaluating employee self-appraisals, providing written and face-to-face reviews, and setting annual performance goals.
• Participated in succession planning to identify and develop team members with the capacity to step into advanced roles when necessary.
• Acted as liaison between development team members, project management, and Professional Services in order to maintain constant communication between stakeholders in each project.
• Traveled to Quark’s India office to advise on quality assurance projects and procedures.
• Led project to create an automated test framework for Quark XML Author.
Quark Software, Inc., Senior Quality Assurance Engineer/Scrum Master
September 2009 - June 2012, Saint Petersburg, FL, United States
• As Scrum Master for the XML Author Team, led Daily Standup meetings, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings, and Sprint Retrospectives.
• Communicated team progress by publishing Sprint and Release burn-down charts, and tracking team velocity from Sprint to Sprint.
• Introduced the team to the concept of relative estimation using Planning Poker, which streamlined story estimation and simplified Sprint Planning meetings.
• Helped the team to create a “Definition of Done” to clarify expectations for completing Sprint commitments
• Educated new team members about Scrum.
• Coordinated testing across multiple locations including Saint Petersburg, Denver, and offices in Japan, Ireland, and India.
• Coordinated beta test programs.
Quark Software Inc (formerly In.vision Research Corporation), Quality Assurance Engineer
August 2005 - September 2009, Saint Petersburg, FL, United States
• Served as Scrum Master for the XML Author Team. Organized and led Daily Standup meetings, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings, and Sprint Retrospectives.
• During the organizational transition to Scrum, helped communicate Scrum practices to other business units that were accustomed to interfering with developer priorities, in order to protect the team.
• Authored test plans and result reports for all levels of testing.
• Derived test requirements, test cases, and test scripts from functional requirements and design documentation.
• Performed scripted and ad-hoc manual tests based on functional requirements, test requirements, and customer workflow.
• Designed and implemented an automated testing architecture.
• Provided guidance to developers regarding expectations for features being implemented.
• Created the In.vision Research Quality Manual by working with department heads to author Standard Operating Procedure and Policy documents for all departments.