Highly motivated, results-oriented professional with over 20 years of experience in leading onshore and offshore cross-functional global teams of (500+ member) in US, Israel, China & India using Agile SCRUM and Waterfall.
Certified SCRUM Master (CSM), Certified Project Manager Professional (PMP) and Certified SAFe Agilist by Scaled Agile Framework
Resourceful problem solver and energetic, self-motivated team player who thrives in both independent and collaborative work environments. My career started in engineering development where I learned how to deliver reliable, high quality products by using a customer perspective. I moved into engineering management and then started managing large scale enterprise Agile programs to execute on product strategy, and vision through program delivery.
• Knowledge of Agile, SCRUM, lean management and development tools including Rally, Confluence Wiki, and JIRA.
• Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint).
Senior Principle Program Manager
Veritas Technologies LLC (Symantec), Pune, India 2011-Present
Responsible for release planning and delivery of $1B Storage management software across multiple geos using Agile methodology. This includes risk management and dependency resolution throughout the Agile lifecycle, and publishes predictability metrics to key product stakeholders. Own E2E delivery from design to deployment. Interface with cross functional scrum masters and teams, manage third party vendors, establish external relationships, and communication plans with stakeholders, complete overall product launch activities like, legal, copyrights, license agreements, export control regulations, and production deployment. Closely work with key customers on early access programs and engage support to resolve customer escalations within SLA.
Drive Agile transformation and adoption across business unit, and facilitate teams transitioning to high-performance teams.
Define new lean processes and metrics that scale appropriately with the organization
Process champion for defining Agile Governance
Change agent to drive these organizational changes.
Accountable for most critical program to reduce Symantec SKUs by 50%, enabling customers to do business and reducing cost for Symantec.
Analyze and compare release trends over 4 years and recommend options to reduce cycle time and simplify the release process to adopt lean process.
Recognized amongst top ten Veritas performers.
Senior Program Manager
BMC Software, San Jose, CA, USA 2010-2011
Prior to relocating to India, drive program planning and execution for onshore and offshore cross-functional global teams of (150+ member) in US, Israel, Canada & India using Agile development. Responsible for tracking project risks, dependencies, project metrics and generate burndown charts and project task progress reports. Collaborate in strategic portfolio planning; work with product managers to define product requirements based on customer requests in early planning phases. Manage engineering SOX exercises ensuring organizational compliance and leading remediation for any issues. Served as SOX expert for tools usage and reporting for my team. Responsible for legal and export compliance ECCN, Section 508, and third party code contained in products.
Measure, analyze, and report performance problems of various aspects of the defect fix and verification process, improved operational efficiency resulted in 20% performance improvement.
Engineering Project Manager
ORACLE/ Sun Microsystems, Santa Clara, CA 2000 -2009
Responsible J2ME phone platform project, duties included scoping, planning, estimation, execution of project distributed in cross-functional global teams in US, Israel, Japan & India. Manage all aspects of project like track KPI’s; generate weekly status reports, run bug triage meetings and daily standup meeting. Set clear expectations and get commitment to action items, identify clear owners and get agreement on completion dates. Optimized implementation of MIDP 2.0, MIDP 1.0, resulted in 30% performance gains, 20% reduced footprint on Linux in collaboration with external partner, Motorola. Acknowledged by management as key contributor
Senior Software Engineer
Fujitsu Network, San Jose, CA USA 1999-2000
Netsmart 1500 EMS, Network management software developer using Java Server frameworks J2EE.
Senior Software Engineer
Sunup Systems, San Jose, CA USA 1998-1999
Developed DTH (Direct-to-Home) software for Cable industry using Java, C++, RMI, JNI on Solaris.
Tech Mahindra, Pune India 1997-1998
Technical Lead for British Telecom delivery using Java J2EE and CORBA.
TCS (was TATA InfoTech Ltd.), Mumbai India 1994-1997
Led team of twenty-five employees and developed software for Nationwide Insurance, US
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• SAFe Agilist from Scaled Agile Framework.
• Certified Scrum Master Professional(CSM) by Scrum Alliance
• Stanford Certified Project Manager from Stanford University, Palo Alto CA.
• Certificate Project/Program Manager2009-2010, UCSC-extension, Santa Clara CA.
• Certificate in Product Management 2007, Walter A. Haas School of Business, Berkeley CA.
• B.E. in Electronics Engineering, 77 % with Distinction 1994, VNIT, Nagpur, India.
• XII 7th Merit Nagpur Board, 93.5% and X 83.85%.
Veritas Technologies LLC, Senior Prinicple Program Manager
August 2011 - Present, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Senior Program Manager responsible for release of Storage Foundation and High Availability (SFHA) solutions from Symantec. Manage the Linux platform solution releases and ongoing relationship with Symantec Alliances and partners.
Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Support, Quality Assurance, Product Integration and Strategic Alliances to deliver complex engineering releases on time with right quality.
• Work on Release planning for Storage products integrated releases
• Identify Risks and Dependences
• Track Release Progress and Risks
• Own and drive adherence to Agile Process
• Work on Metrics and Progress Reports
• Work with Customers on early access programs for upcoming releases
• Provide product certification for new Linux platforms for Symantec release
• Manage and Resolve Escalations - inbound and outbound
• Communicate Deployment of patch fixes through Patch Release Roadmap
Management of Alliances and Partners
• Work with Alliances team on Partner Roadmaps
• Early evaluation of Symantec Product integration with Partner Roadmaps
• Technical enabling of Storage and Availability Management products on upcoming technologies
• Drive joint development, qualifications and certifications - resolve open issues
• Integrate partner product certification into Symantec release schedules