I am an agile coach and product owner of a Device Activation Backend team. I have been working on agile and lean methodologies from 2009. I was an active member of the IT Agile transition organization dedicated to transforming Nokia IT to an agile organization. I have worked as a scrum master for more than 2 years and for 3 different teams. I have also coached agile teams and mangers about Agile, Scrum and Kaizen; worked in Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban methodologies and attended external workshops on agile, lean and coaching. During coaching I do value-stream mapping, 5 Why’s, etc.
My current project is an offshore-onsite model, working now as a product owner and coaching the scrum master at offshore. As a product owner I create a product vision, release plan, product roadmap and product backlog also create requirements, user stories and acceptance criterias for the team. I am also involved technically with the team and do quality assurance and help in the product architecture, concepting and design.
I have 9 years’ experience in IT industry starting as a webMethods integration consultant, later I moved on to become an agile developer and scrum master working with Clojure and MySQL on Linux backend servers on IntelliJ. I have experience in Hudson, continuous integration jobs. I believe quality assurance should be done at the beginning of the development and not at the end and work in TDD methodology by creating acceptance and behavior test cases. I have worked in Oracle RDBMS, Subversion, REST, EDI, flat files, xml, UNIX, JMeter and Tableau software. I also know a little about GIT and Gerrit. I have a little hands-on experience with JSON, Java and Scala.
I am capable to work independently as well as being a social person well versed in working as a team player with excellent communication skills. I am also very enthusiastic to learn more and proactive in improving ways of working to ensure productivity and quality of customer’s product. I have worked for international clients on different time zones.
Tata Consultancy Services, Product Owner
March 2013 - Present, Espoo, FI
My current project is a scrum offshore-onsite model, working now as a product owner and coaching the scrum master at offshore.
• Accept IT is the tool I use for agile task board, release plan, product backlog, creating requirements, user stories and acceptance criterias for the team.
• I also create the product roadmap and help creating the product vision.
• I am also involved technically with the team and do quality assurance and help in the product architecture, analyzing, reporting, concepting and designing.
• Product owner of a Device Activation backend team – for service activation and providing input for sell-through and sell-out data.
• Writing User stories, acceptance criteria, maintain product backlog, release planning and grooming.
• I have been involved in coaching other team members, scrum masters and product owners in Nokia.
Nokia, Senior developer
March 2011 - February 2013, Espoo, FI
• Coaching agile and scrum practices to various development teams and managers for more than 1 year.
• Scrum Master and team member of a multicultural Cherry backend scrum team.
• Working on requirements, estimations, implementation, testing and test automation, performance assurance, demo to customer, documentation.
• Implementation of executable specifications.
• Working on Test Automation.
• Development using Clojure programming language, automated testing and deployment using CI to UNIX servers.
• Other applications/tools used were Hudson, MySQL, Leiningen, IntelliJ, JMeter.
• As a scrum master: remove impediments, radiate information, support the product owner, facilitate creativity and empowerment for the development team and support Kaizen (continuous improvement) in the team.
• Followed agile and scrum practices and maintained scrum artifacts.
• Worked in a Scrumban model with CI and TDD methodologies.