Outsystems Inc., Engagement Manager
May 2014 - Present, Atlanta, Georgia, US
As an Engagement Manager: Working with Customers as proxy PO and with Dev team as a Scrum Master.
In addition, helping the teams and organization in proper implementation of Scrum and taking it to next level. (Scrum Coach).
3i Infotech, Inc., Senior Consultant
June 2008 - May 2014, Edison, NJ
Georgia Department of Education, Atlanta, GA Oct 11 – present Agile Business analyst, Agile PM, Scrum Master & Agile Coach (Contractor)
o Serving in the role of a Scrum Master to help Maintain Product backlog, Sprint backlog & User stories
o Facilitate Stand-ups, Sprint planning, Sprint reviews and Sprint retrospectives
o Agile Project manager for South East Data Exchange (SEED) project
• As an Agile Coach – Coaching the team on agile values and principles while introducing them to Scrum & Kanban.
T-Mobile, Atlanta, GA Jan 11 – Oct 11 Enterprise IT – Strategic Development
Product owner/Technical Delivery Manager (Contractor)
• As a Product Owner Impact analysis of projects on UUI, Involved in requirements discussions, Business Requirements Doc reviews, Work with the Product owner team and Project Leadership to create and prioritize product road map, product backlog.
• Involve affected supporting groups for Impact analysis and aligning requirements release to bring in line with Product quarterly release cycle.
• Conduct/Attend: Product Backlog Grooming, Story Grooming sessions, Sprint Planning, Product demos and Sprint Retrospectives.
• Liaison between Business systems analyst, Scrum team, Testing team and Enterprise support groups.
• As a Technical Delivery Manager: Tracking issues and impediments for Activations module, Coordinating with other project managers to create, track and manage project plans, weekly status reporting, risk assessment, defect/trend analysis, help in project/task closure activities, Scope management by involving stakeholders/3rd party vendors.
• Streamlined triage support using new SA team by implementing mix of KANBAN/Scrum principles – Played the scrum master role (Mentored teams to adopt & practice Scrum, Kanban) for this team.
• As a (new) Product owner for 4 distributed scrum teams, completed first release of a major functionality with just 1 defect post production.
• Contributed significantly to UX standardization, product and project management.
ODJFS, Columbus, OH Aug 09 – Jan 11
IT Portfolio management – Business Requirements section
Agile Business Analyst, Associate Project Manager
ODJFS (Ohio Department of Job and Family Services) helps Ohio State agencies and County offices with IT Support for many systems used by their agents to help find right opportunities to unemployed Ohio residents.
• Assisting ITPM team in creating an organized, actionable, measurable business requirements framework. Introduced the team to Agile planning, User stories and Prototyping.
• Proof of Concept and Implementing RM tool, Rational Unified Process (RUP) tool – Rational RequisitePro
• Designing and configuring templates for ReqPro, Requirements management framework, Guidelines, job aids for users and creating presentations.
• Business systems analyst activities: Manage the scope of project/Customer service request (CSR) by working closely with the ITPM management team and Project manager, Requirements elicitation, management, validation, verification, trace-ability matrix and sign off.
• Creating requirements documents, process flows, Meeting minutes, Completing general project requirement (GPR) document and working with Quality Center for defect tracking
• SCOTI - Requirements gathering using User story creation and QA for SCOTI application
• Ohiomeansjobs.com – Requirements gathering using user stories, prototypes and QA
• Guiding multiple projects with: Review database design, Reviewing process flows and logical models for systems created in following technologies – DB2, Java, J2EE, JSP, XML, XSL, HTML, Filenet, Hibernate and .Net Framework 2.0, Ajax 2.0, C#, ASP.Net 2.0 (FITS & RC Express)
• Requirements Gathering for HATS: Creating process flow, conducting JAD Sessions.
• Initiating project/change requests by working with business clients and OIS team
• Managing resources, schedule and issues on day to day basis
• Keeping stakeholders informed about the current progress of project
• Facilitating meetings, Participating in JAD sessions for resolving Business, technical and people issues
• Creating schedule, budget and Adhoc status reports and sharing them with PMO, Client and stakeholders
Jacobs Engineering, Houston, TX Sep 08 – Jul 09
Field Labor Analysis – Replacement Project
Agile Business Analyst
Patni Americas Inc, Software Specialist
January 2001 - September 2008, Cambridge, MA, United States
As an employee of SEI-CMMI level 5 software multinational company, worked on multiple projects with clients based in US, UK and India.
ENTERPRISE CLAIMS SYSTEM (ECS) - Bill Management Jul 03 – Aug 08
Roles performed: Subject Matter Consultant (SMC), Functional lead, Systems Analyst, Business Analyst and Onsite Project Coordinator
Started agile journey at this client while performing roles of Iteration Management coordinator and SMC on Scrum team.
• Saved large area insurance company (LAIC) 15% of their system testing budget by identifying process automation.
• Identified, escalated and addressed a business, transaction issue for the LAIC that saved them repeat transactions per auto pay/treatment match failed bill(s). Results in significant revenue saved.