I am a Certified Scrum Master with experience of delivering web and mobile projects with agile development teams. The focus of the teams that I work with is always to adopt best practices in the context of the current environment, and to strive towards continuous improvement. I have full project lifecycle experience from requirements workshops, to planning, implementation, and deployment. I have successfully delivered projects for a range of companies from start-ups to FTSE 100 corporations.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Coaching teams to adopt Agile best practices (Scrum, Lean, XP, Continuous Delivery, Automation)
- Work with teams to achieve continuous improvement
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies and manage artefacts
- Manage stakeholder relationships
- Manage risks and dependencies
- Collaborate in user story creation and backlog prioritisation
- Working with on site and offshore development teams
- Experience of successfully delivering high profile projects for major clients
- Good communication skills, and proactive team member
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Background in software development
- Prince2 Practitioner
O2 Telefonica on behalf of Equal Experts, Scrum Master
June 2013 - Present, Slough, GB
Scrum master for the team developing the product catalogue, and web services to support the online and voice sales channels. As well as delivering new functionality, the team was refactoring a legacy codebase to achieve measurable improvements.
• Facilitate Scrum ceremonies and maintain Scrum artefacts
• Collaborate in story creation and backlog prioritisation
• Mentor teams to adopt best practices and work towards continuous improvement
• Working with onshore and offshore development teams
• Co-ordinate multiple delivery team releases
BSKYB, Scrum Master
June 2011 - June 2013, London, GB
Sky Go is the flagship streaming service from Sky, offering live, on demand, and downloadable content to mobile devices. The mobile apps have over 7 million downloads and have won numerous consumer and industry awards. While I was Scrum Master, the team delivered the on demand and download functionalities for the apps
RSSB, Scrum Master
August 2010 - June 2011, London, GB
While at RSSB, I worked with the team developing the Safety Culture Toolkit. This is a web application developed in conjunction with human factors specialists to survey rail employees and provide an assessment of the safety culture within their organisations.
Taxi Controller, Scrum Master
January 2008 - July 2010, Slough, GB
This company was acquired by a competitor, it no longer exists
Software as a Service based booking and dispatch solution for taxi operators. This is a web based application that enables a company to take bookings (telephone, web, and SMS), track drivers and dispatch bookings to them using a mobile application.