Shayne Adams has extensive functional and technical experience in the government, retail, energy, and information technology sectors. Below are the client list and roles that he has been succesful in helping these various sectors projects be successful:
Position(s): Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
Operational Project Manager
- Lead team meetings reviewing project portfolio backlog, tracking tasks, documenting obstacles. Documenting project timelines and meeting with stakeholders to review progress.
- Manage the Tools Categories Project portfolio including schedules, budgets, workflows, teams and vendors.
- Schedule and facilitate project kick off meetings gathering intent, scope, budget and schedule information.
- Manage triage team for in flight project during execution phase to improve in store reset quality.
- Log and track project issues and escalate risks to Executives.
Position(s): Duke Energy
Senior Project Manager
- Manage IT project for Duke Energy using detailed project management plan
- Created Project Charter, Communication Plan, and Stakeholder Roles and Responsibilities.
- Developed Market and Industry Analysis Strategy.
- Lead weekly Stakeholder, PMO and Bi-Weekly Steering Committee project status meetings
- Monitor and track schedule, deliverables, issues, risk, and financials.
- Manage Project four person team tasking, communication, and work quality.
Position(s): Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Lead Business Analyst
- Defect management and analysis support for Sterling Order Management project.
- Manage software Change Request approval process.
- Provide management and analytical support
- Lead and facilitate stakeholder meetings to gather and document requirements
- Develop system presentations for Knowledge Transfer to client associates
- Led Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) testing strategy.
- Mentor and coach junior IT Business Analysts
Arrowhead Consulting Services LLC
April 2012 – Sept 2013
Position(s): Delhazie America
- Manage Training, Data Integration, and Release Issues for point of sale for PULSE (POS) software project.
- Create, update and coordinate the approval process for all required SDLC project deliverables.
- Managed the development of a POS Kiosk training solution.
- Build use case catalog and system simulation for business, IT, Legal, and architecture teams.
- Facilitate business model/process definition amd refinement sessions.
- Assist stakeholders in the identification and resolution of key project issues, risks and defects.
- Responsible for the development of project plans including timelines and resource allocation and drives team to adhere to plan.
Booz Allen Hamilton
July 2006 – March 2012
- Gather and document system requirements for the Human Capital Information Management Environment (HCIE) through the facilitation of workshops at various NASA centers.
- Write functional specifications to document HCIE user requirements in a format that translated into technical language to enable the technical team to create data models, analytical tools, reports, and informational dashboards displayed via portal.
- Manage technical team in the building of HCIE Hiring and Recruiting dashboard components to provide metrics to NASA Management and Specialists to facilitate decisions for corrective actions to improve business processes.
- Decompose project software functionality into a product backlog that is further broken down into tasks which are executed during thirty day time frames called sprints. Facilitated sprint planning through the building of the sprint and product backlog, user stories, team goals and team tasking prioritized using points system.
- Conducted daily project status meetings for the HCIE Integration and Development teams tracking team member’s progress, reporting backlog reporting obstacles.
- Taught classes on the business purpose and functionality of HCIE to the training team.
- Perform quality assurance testing of software functionality to validate that fixes were successful through execution of test plans using Quality Center to record results.
- Write test plans to ensure thorough testing and that customer’s requirements are met.
- Build Human Capital Dashboards to display personnel, financial, training, competencies, awards, flexibilities, demographics, and workforce planning for NASA supervisors. Provide portal integration support combined with migration management to support release to production after successful testing.
- Portal Development creating portlets and web parts using AquaLogic and Share Point.
- Management of HCIE Portal defects by assigning resources, priorities, and status.
- Computer Systems Analyst
- BW data model and query design, testing and migration.
- Contract management via SAP supporting the Cost Team allocating estimated and actual cost to contract line items.
- Provide Cost Center maintenance by creating and updating cost centers during re-organization within NASA to ensure accurate allocation of contract costs.
- Regression testing of software enhancements and software fixes for releases using Quality Center reporting test results experienced in development and test environments.
Arrowhead Consulting Services
Sept. 1, 2003 – June 30, 2006
- Write Functional and Technical Specifications for Software Development Team to integrate JDA’s POS Software and Inventory Management System.
- Perform Business Process Analysis for JDA Portfolio 2005 to implement Best Practice methods for performing Issue Management, Software Configuration Management, and Quality Assurance Testing.
- Manage the migration from Microsoft Access Database to SQL Database to reduce file corruption, improve system performance and eliminate file size restrictions of Enterprise system.
- Develop software support, deployment and rollout strategies.
- Provide business solutions to JDA clients to improve client’s cash flow and reduce shrink.
- Implement a Source Code Management, Quality Assurance and Issue Tracking systems for JDA clients to improve software quality.