Scotiabank, Senior Project Manager (Agile/Scrum Cloud Based Program)
September 2016 - Present, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Project managing multiple development projects using agile principles.
· Leading and driving new programs as a PM
· Agile mindset and coaching where necessary
· Working with key Cloud Service Providors / Integrators (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM SoftLayer) to manage Cloud Application Enablement Initiative and understand IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Cloud Platforms
· Understanding DevOps process and Standard, Automated, and Dynamic Cloud Models
· Working to assist Organizational Infrastructure ‘Supply’ Teams with Application Cloud Requirements
Munich Re, Canada, Agile Project Manager
October 2015 - September 2016, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage the Product Backlog Items, Iteration planning & execution and defects management
• Supported the Product Owner with respect to grooming and maintaining the Product Backlog
• Worked closely with Product Owner and Scrum teams to ensure clarity of scope and readiness criteria of Product Backlog items
• As a Scrum Master diligently applied Scrum principles, practice and theory
• Effective managed ambiguity, uncertainty and constantly changing priorities
• Managed teams in matrix organizational structures that are outside Canada and/or offshore.
• Supported various client companies within the Munich Re Group, both Life and Property and Casualty reinsurance clients and primary P&C insurance clients
• Clarified and crystallized complex situations using appropriate techniques.
• Facilitated meetings, capturing meeting minutes and updating the project plans
• Articulated to Stakeholders/Management any impact to the project due to any change requests so that decisions could be made in a timely manner
Key projects to date:
• Implemented a third party (Concur, a SAP company) cloud based Expense Solution. Key activities included:
Worked with business users and vendor to finalize requirements
Reviewe and approval of vendor contract
Weekly standup meetings to evaluate vendor development progress
Carefully planned training and implementation activities
Comprehensive support & monitoring setup arrangements
• Implemented a third party (PNMSoft, a UK company) workflow based tool called Sequence. Key activates included:
Worked closely with business and vendor to setup and execute successfully proof of concept over 10 weeks period. During this phase, following activities were carried out: project setup in TFS, worked with Product Owner on the product backlog, planned iterations, daily standup meetings & weekly project updates to stakeholders
After getting the go-ahead to deploy Sequence tool to production, the following activities were undertaken: review of the product backlog, iteration planning, daily standup meetings, setup of new hardware infrastructure by working with various IT departments, assessing Security Risk Assessment, resources & budget management, change control for deployment to production and setting up of: monitoring, support, escalation procedures and SLA/OLA with vendor
• Windows 2003 server migration to Windows 2008/2012. Activities included:
Compilation & management of server inventory & residing applications
Categorization (into quarters/waves) of servers for migration, making sure to minimize impact to business
Logging & management of any applications with issues under the Windows 2008/2012
Regular reporting to stakeholders
• Microsoft Exchange 2007 migration to Exchange 2013. Activities included:
Compilation & management of user mailboxes
Worked closely with respective Line of Business (LOB) Lead to plan and execute user mailboxes
Provided documentation and support to users with issues post migration
Shoppers Drug Mart (division of Loblaw), Project Manager (PMO)
March 2013 - October 2015, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Project Management Office (PMO) Harmonization - As part of the acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart by Loblaw, project managed an initiative to harmonize key PMO artifacts from both Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart. Worked closely with teams from both organizations to understand & gather artifacts, processes and procedures to evaluate and assess
Merger & Acquisition Data Compliance - As part of the acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart by Loblaw, project managed an initiative to consolidate and transfer data from 70 Executive members’ computer devices to Deloitte’s server as directed by the Federal Competition Bureau. Setup a temporary lab to undertake computer data extraction and storage activities
IT re-organization – Project managed activities to update internal systems and processes as a result of an IT re-organization
Contingent Workforce Process Improvement – Executed an initiative to establish contingent workforce process from on-boarding to off-boarding contract resources. Successfully implemented processes to handle & track: Resource Demand; Resource Register; On/Off Boarding; Vendor Management; PO & Invoice Management
Application Managed Services (AMS) - Managed key outsourcing vendors (NTT Data, TCS and Infosys) to deliver quality IT projects using onshore and offshore resources. Also acted as the primary governance focal point, creating a closer partnership
IBM Canada, Project Manager
June 2011 - March 2013, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Strategic Outsourcing Initiative - Worked with Strategic Global Delivery Services across all sectors and competencies to assist IBM customers to achieve their financial targets by moving existing work undertaken by IBM North American teams to one of IBM Global Delivery Center (GDC).
• Participated in discussions with IBM Delivery Project Executives (DPE) and PMO during the project Initiation phase to do risk analysis associated with work identified to move to GDC and to finalize the project scope.
• Managed over 20 offshore and 10 onshore resources to ensure customer incidents queues were monitored, prioritized, assigned, tracked and reported in a timely manner.
• System Management: - Led the technology team to complete the Solution Architecture, Planview Installation Validation, Stress/Load Testing, Integration with the Active Directory (SSO), System Logging and Auditing and finally creating procedures and documenting the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
• Organization Adoption: - Worked closely with the Enterprise Change and Communication Lead to develop the Organizational Change and Adoption plan and ensure leadership and management teams are prepared to support the rollout.
• Reviewed contracts/SLA to ensure IBM did not breach contractual agreements/SLA in terms of support and restrictions.
• Project managed the smooth transition of existing IBM customer work to GDC by working closely with Stakeholders, Customers, onshore and offshore teams in a professional, timely and within the regulatory and compliance criteria.
• Sun Life Financials Account - As part of Sun Life Financials (SLF) project team managed upgrading of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) clients and MS SQL database from SQL2000 to SQL2008.
• Facilitated SLA driven projects by ensuring estimation of work and regular project updates to SLF management team. This also included risks, issues and escalation management.
Direct Energy, Development Manager
July 2009 - June 2011, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Managed team of approximately 20 IT professionals responsible for system analysis, design, programming and maintenance of computer applications
• Managed offshore development team; tracked resources, project progress, budgeting, defect resolutions and source control
• Determined applications development methodologies, standards and tools
• Managed projects including new initiatives like Smart Meter (SMI)
• Used Agile approach during the development phase of a Waterfall project by delivering more critical components to QA team in order to expedite testing and better defect management
• Established performance plans for staff, reviews individual results on a regular basis
• Identified individual and organizational developmental needs/career goals and ensured developmental efforts were put in place to support them
• Participated in Graduate Recruitment Drive initiatives
Direct Energy, Technical Project Manager
September 2007 - July 2009, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Texas Web enrollments Project: Managed Web based project, deployed in a 2-phased approach, for the Texas, USA market that allowed Direct Energy customers to self enroll for electricity flow to their premises
Phase 1: Project team consisted of 9 people over 6 months period at a cost of $700K. In this phase of the project, existing Web self enroll application was developed and migrated on to a new Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) infrastructure creating a new suite of Web applications called the Acquisition Engine. This gave cost savings by bringing acquisition processing in-house from an outsourced partner. In this Waterfall project, used Agile approach during development phase to deliver key deliverables to the QA team in order to expedite the testing phase and better defect management
Phase 2: Project team consisted of 5 people over 6 months period at a cost of $600K to allow enhancements to the Acquisition Engine so that exceptions could be captured from customers Web self enroll process and the ability to check customer details online in a real time manner. In this Waterfall project, used Agile approach during development phase to deliver key deliverables to the QA team in order to expedite the testing phase and better defect management
Skinkers Limited, Project Manager/Scrum Master
February 2007 - August 2007, London, United Kingdom
Agile Project Management: Managed agile project with a team of 12 over 3 months to develop key product that used Live Notification Platform (LNP) engine. This engine enabled large enterprise companies such as Microsoft, American Airlines and JC Penney to send/push important information to their targeted audiences by displaying messages on their customers’ Desktop, Cell Phone or Blackberry devices. This project used SCRUM framework using Rally tool to track the project agile activities. Following sessions were held:
o Business Requirements Meeting – Used to assess what was required by the business for the next Sprint, and so the user Stories could be prioritized in the Product Backlog.
o Sprint Planning Meeting - Product Owner and Team agreed on a Theme and selected a subset of Product Backlog (called Sprint Backlog) to work on as a Sprint.
o Daily Scrum Meeting - The team updated the Scrum Master & team on a daily basis.
o Sprint Review Meeting – Product demonstrated to the Product Owner and Stakeholders.
o Sprint Retrospective Meeting – Executed lessons learned.
American Airlines USA: Successfully managed a £200K project with a team of 6 internal developers over 4 months period to develop DealFinder application, a sophisticated downloadable desktop application which delivered personalized alerts on airfares, offers and promotions to customers’ desktop when their search criteria matched.
JC Penney: Successfully managed project with a budget of £300K and a team of 10, a 3-tier architecture JCPToday application based upon LNP and hosted by 3rd party supplier over 6 months period. This application allowed JC Penney to target their customers to receive an alert notification on latest offers to their desktops.
British Sky Broadcasting Ltd (BSKYB), Project Manager
September 2004 - November 2006, Middlesex, London, United Kingdom
Automatic Broadcast Build: Managed a team of 6 with a budget of £500K over 6 months period, software development of an application used to build dynamic broadcast content which was part of £2M 3-tier architecture project. The system allowed 3rd party to build and broadcast their content automatically on BSKYB interactive platform
Studio Audio Files: Successfully managed project to consolidate BSKYB Studio Audio Files from 6 disparate studios into 1 centralised location to provide: 99% availability; a reduction of 94% program compilation time and a reduction of 16% in duplications. The newly procured HP Intel server with Microsoft SQL database was setup on Storage Area Network (SAN) and deployed in one of the data centre
Oracle Video Server (OVS): Managed enhancements to digital interactive television applications. This involved working closely with users and Oracle Corporation with installation and configuration of Oracle databases, bespoke applications and monitoring