Spalding Consulting, Inc, Director of Software Engineering
April 2016 - Present, Lexington Park, Maryland, United States
Responsible for the revitalization of NAVAIR 6.8.4's Workload Management System
(WMS) and Joint Strike Fighter's Lightning Information Support Tool (LIST) daily
operations, team structure, and engineering processes to ensure technical excellence.
• Assumes role of Scrum Master for all daily operations by facilitating retrospectives amongst three Scrum Teams, removes impediments, and coaches the teams on 'by the book' Scrum
• Manages seven technical teams supporting both the WMS and LIST applications for
the AIR 6.8.4 program office including two Java Software Engineering teams, Data
warehouse team, Help Desk, Testing Team, Production Support, and a Requirements
• Manages the daily operations and execution of sprints, scrums, and customer
• Involved as a technical architect ensuring the Java teams produce scalable, reliable,
and maintainable products
• Enforces strict Automated Testing standards where greater than 85% code coverage
is the minimum acceptable. Currently between both projects over 3,000 automated
tests exists that are executed automatically 10+ times daily
• Program Management duties include managing contract ceiling, CDRL delivery,
incremental funding, and negotiating with prime contractors.
Wyle, Corp IT Software Solutions Manager
January 2010 - December 2015, Lexington Park, Maryland, United States
- Established Scrum, as per Scrumalliance.org, and assumed the role of Scrum Master during my time at Wyle
- Staffed a geographically dispersed team of Software Engineers, SharePoint
Developers, and Systems Administrators supporting a world wide user base.
• Developed an Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process based on Scrum and
Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMi) subject to SEI Appraisals, ISO9001:2008
audits, and 3rd party scrutiny
• Established a Continuous and Automated Deployment process ensuring rapid delivery
and issue management
• Assured application quality and security through a Continuous Integration process that
invoked compilation, executed Test Automation and provided Static Analysis.
• Developed and delivered Software Products for external stakeholders such as FAA,
US Army, US Navy as well as Internal Corporate stakeholders using technologies
• Architected an Enterprise Application Platform supporting multiple systems across the
LAN/WAN using a common set of services, constructs, and disciplines.
• Presenter at the 2010 Small UAS Symposium hosted by John Hopkins Applied
Physics Lab on the 'Mind Controlled Helicopter' R&D Project.
• Participated as a Guest on the ABC 20/20 News Special TED+Diane, aired in 2012