Cognizant Technology Solutions, Scrum Master
April 2014 - Present, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
• Assisting client IT Program Director in successfully implementing Agile Scrum transformation within client organization in distributed and scaled Agile environments
• Assume and understand that everyone has a rational reason for the way they behave and explain the benefits of change to Agile Scrum.
• Performed Agile Scrum assessments periodically after every quarterly release to identify the gaps in Agile practices so as to plan for short & long term improvements to attain better Scrum maturity. The reports were discussed with leadership team at client organization to prioritize the top 3 goals each for short & long term and finally presented to CEO.
• Lead Scrum Master & Agile Coach in an organization where there are 30 teams, around 100 active initiatives per quarter, 4 releases per year, 6 locations across India & USA, & 3 active customers.
• Lead 6 scrum masters and drive them towards goals enabling organizational Agility.
• Administered all Agile/Scrum ceremonies including initiative in-take (Stakeholder Meetings), feature level estimation, elaboration, & release planning & review meetings. Agile Ceremonies - Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Backlog Refinement, & Scrum of Scrums.
• Through diligent observation, documented scaled Scrum playbook processes for scaled and distributed Agile teams which is now being used as a reference document for everyone & as a key presentation in 2 days on-boarding session for new employees within the client organization.
• Coaching and transforming teams to align towards organizational release schedule
• Portfolio & Program management in alignment to Agile Scrum concepts
• Release planning, Elaboration, Sprint 0, Development sprints, Regression, Load Testing, UAT, Go-live support, & Post production alignments
• Enabled team to make decisions & helped team to address blockers and dependencies.
Capgemini Consulting Pvt. India Ltd., Scrum Master & Project Manager
September 2005 - April 2014, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
• Administered all Agile/Scrum ceremonies Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Backlog Refinement, & Scrum of Scrums.
• Helped project team to be focused on sprint goals
• Helped to bring more collaboration through scrum of scrums between 2 teams from different organizations
• Guided to team to practice swarming, delivering value early in sprint, & making defect management process a simple one to manage within a sprint
• Attained high customer satisfaction with regular Agile assessments & feedbacks
• Agile scalable software architecture, better practices, matured Agile development strategy / approach, highly automated testing approach
• Utilized retrospectives for Conflict Management
• Program level coaching sessions for scrum process improvement
• Agile Scrum Coaching for team and lead governance meetings for project alignment
• Track, monitor, & report project progress to management & client
• Offshore Team Management & Delivery Management