Agile, Programme Manager at Globoforce
I manage the Scrum Master team at Globoforce. I have been in the IT Industry for the past twenty years and has over ten years experience as an Agile practitioner and Scrummaster, and am a CSM and CSP. The aim of the Scrum Master team at Globoforce is to promote Scrum and Agile best practice across the whole organisation.
January 2011 to present
Globoforce is the global leader in cloud-based (SaaS) social recognition solutions, helping its clients to dramatically increase employee engagement and retention, strengthen company culture, and manage and measure employee performance.
My main responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of Scrum masters in best practice and process improvement
- Managing Agile teams of cross functional disciplines
- Provide mentoring and support to agile teams in Scrum best practices and Agile development approaches
- Programme manager for the IT department, providing overall view of the portfolio of 12 projects and their dependencies
- Managing release planning, release tracking and the co-ordination of releases across teams. Performing detailed risk analysis and develop robust contingency plans
May 2007 to December 2010
At Zarion, I was Project Manager for product development. Zarion specializes in business process optimization and document management software solutions for the financial sector.
My main responsibilities included managing the product development team which comprised of technical architects, developers and QA Testers. I acted as Scrum master on a number of teams.
I managed the company’s product roadmap and release planning. This involved liaising with customers and new prospects to gather requirements and solicit product feedback, and maintaining the customer involvement throughout the development lifecycle.
February 2005 to May 2007
I was Program Manager on the MSN International team, responsible for the development, deployment and maintenance of deep market specific web products across the EMEA markets.
- Responsible for MSN Mobile and MSN Autos
- Scrum Master working in an Agile development environment.
- Managing a distributed team of software developers and testers, delivering monthly production releases.
- Coordinating requirements with program managers across the EMEA region. Reviewing development strategies and designs with the MSN team in the US.