Richard Jones has worked in I.T for over 20 years. Starting out as Software Developer, he worked on the Microsoft stack of technologies such as Visual Basic, ASP.Net, C# and SQl Server. Over the last 8 years he moved into I.T Project Management, focussing on the following areas: Project Management, Strategy, Agile Development, Scrum, Process Development, Process Management, and Business and Systems Analysis.
He has delivered for many Blue Chip companies such as Tesco, Vodafone, O2 and Bentley Motors.
Bentley Motors, IT Project Manager
February 2013 - Present, , United Kingdom
Currently working as an IT Project Manager at Bentley Motors on various projects (New Corporate website and New Car configurator).
Introduced Agile stories as a way of gathering requirements from the business. Using a similar methodology to Prince 2 as the main governance process but managing the software deliverable with Scrum.
20:20 Mobile, Project Manager
April 2007 - Present, Crewe, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Senior IT Project Manager 2020 Mobile Group
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Telecommunications industry
Managing a programme of work for Tesco Telecoms and 20:20
using Scrum - Scrum Master
- Enhancing the capabilites of Tesco Phone Shops and Tesco Phone Shop website.
- Facilitating daily standups, sprint planning and helping the product owner maintain the backlog.
- Reporting to the Product Owner and Senior stakeholders using various techniques such as Burndown Charts and Release Plans
Past Projects (Project Manager)
Worked on a 4 month project with O2, 20:20, ACE Group and The Listening Company to deliver a phone replacement service for the O2 insurance channel.
PCI IT Project Manager
- project spanned 14 months
- upgraded 12 e-commerce sites including Orange Accessories, Asda Mobile and The Link
- infrastructure changes in conjunction with T-Mobile
Responsible for the delivery of E-Commerce solutions for Orange, Samsung, Vodafone and O2
Assigned a portfolio of projects for Bentley Motors ranging from 4mths to 12mths in duration.