Powerhouse, Agile Coach
August 2015 - Present, Almere, NL
Scrum Master for a Scrum team as well as agile coaching (Kanban, Lean priciples) for a maintenance team. Besides that, I'm doing my part of coaching my fellow Scrum Masters and other colleagues when it comes to flipping the organisation towards agility.
- for the transformation itself, we are using "emergent" practices as described by Cesario Ramos
- the aim for the organisation itself is LeSS
- for the metrics, we're using Agility Path / Nexus
ING, Agile Coach
November 2014 - July 2015, Amsterdam, NL
OIB GS Finance and Risk is the department that is responsible for the Global Reporting (BI) capability, for ‘run’ as well as for ‘change’ requests. As part of an ING-wide move towards agility as one of the main pillars for a new ING, the department is trying to streamline their way of working accordingly. At the same time, the department is busy implementing a more effective and efficient finance organization, with standardized common processes and data, and using an agreed architecture with a common set of integrated tools.
It is withing this constellation that I’m coaching devops teams within the Finance & Risk Cluster, supporting the introduction of new technical practices, an Agile mindset and an Agile way of working within DevOps teams, working closely with management, the business, other team coaches, product owners, scrum masters and team members. I’m specifically responsible for supporting Agile scaling exercises (SAFe), with the aim to align and lean the efforts aligning efforts when it comes to budgetting, and on team, program and portfolio levels. Teams jointly comprise around 150 individuals.
CZ Insurances, Agile Coach
August 2014 - January 2015, Tilburg , NL
Introducing Scrum within the department, forming Scrum teams, hiring people, building backlogs and coaching Scrum teams and their Product Owners towards decent Scrum. The Transformation Program Long-term care is a legal compliancy program that aims to streamline the financial and information flows with regards to long-tem care with the new legal requirements that had to be in place by january 1st, 2015.
City of Amsterdam , Agile Coach
April 2014 - July 2014, Amsterdam, NL
The idea was to leverage Enterprise Lean Startup to build a scalable and flexible Deployment Pipeline on behalf of servicing the wider City of Amsterdam, using Scrum, KANBAN, Flow principles, Continuous Delivery, and Toyota Kata. Project is currently on hold.
Wegener , Agile Coach
September 2013 - September 2013, Apeldoorn, NL
Wegener wants to re-invent itself by using the Lean Startup methodology for releasing new products and services to the market. We got started running Sprints and discovering and delivering products with the few people we had. To facilitate this I took up the role of Agile Coach towards the teams, Product Owners and other stakeholders. At the same time, we had to actually set up the online department.
Essent , Scrum Master
April 2013 - June 2013, Den Bosch , NL
Bringing two wandering teams back to the essence of what Agile is all about.
Wegener Media, Agile Coach
June 2012 - May 2013, Apeldoorn , NL
Day-to-day consulting and project management, aimed at articulating and implementing an online portfolio for 7 regional newspapers. Programme encompasses:
• building and launching 7 iphone and android apps
• building and launching 8 Ipad apps
• building and launching 7 Epaper apps
• building and launching 7 new newssites (new CMS and design)
• building a centralised sign-on, buying and invoicing system for all 7 newspapers, from scratch
• building a customer-service tool, from scratch
I also coach Wegener project teams and supplier teams in Agile/Scrum Methodology in issues as:
• User stories
• Definitions of Ready / Done
• Way of Working
• Scrum Boards
• KANBAN principles
• Daily stand-ups
• Agile estimation
• Portfolio Alignment Walls / Scrum of Scrums
• etc etc.
ING , Senior User
March 2012 - May 2013, Amsterdam, NL
Giving direction to Incorporating content management in some business-critic Scrum projects. Within ING, about 7 Scrum Teams run up to twenty projects that all aim transfer ING's applications for online banking to a new 'Agile' architecture. As content managers until then had no understanding of that new architecture and had not been included in the Scum processes, this formed a bottleneck in the successful go-live of ING's applications for online banking.
RAV Midden Brabant , Project Manager
May 2012 - May 2012, Den Bosch, NL
Vendor selection and project management on behalf of implementing a document management and incident management system for the RAV.
GGD Hart voor Brabant,
October 2011 - January 2012, Tilburg
The Municipal Health Services Hart voor Brabant and West-Brabant were both very urgently in need of new intranets. We managed to build two new intranets from scratch, and be live two months later. CMS: Sitecore.
RAV Brabant MWN, Consultant
October 2011 - December 2011, Utrecht
The RAV had existed as an independent organisation since 2005, but still did not have a corporate website. Realistically shortening the backlog / requirements list for the first release, played a big part in the successfull go-live.
Groenten Fruit Bureau, Consultant
June 2011 - September 2011, Utrecht
GroentenFruit Bureau is the marketing agency for and on behalf of the Dutch fruit and vegetables industry. The corporate website however lacked focus on GFB's target groups. As a first step towards implementing such a focus, we produced a prioritized backlog of user stories through a series of workshops.
Achmea, Web Manager / Scrum Coach
January 2011 - May 2011, Utrecht
Managing Achmeas intranet and overseeing its transformation into a fully-fledged Enterprise Portal for 20.000 employees, following Scrum methodology. Achmeanet is built on Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
Tam Tam, Scrum Master
May 2010 - December 2010, Delft
Scrum Master role:
• Tilburg University: producing an online strategy and practical roadmap, as well as bite-sized frontend codes for a corporate site, a mobile site, an intranet, and a student portal
• Martini Hospital: producing an online strategy, practical roadmap, selecting a CMS (EpiServer), and as a first step in the roadmap, developing a new corporate website
• Kwaliteitsinstituut Nederlandse Gemeenten: developing a new corporate website, several project sites and migrating a Sharepoint-based knowlegde management tool, all on Open Source CMS Umbraco
Romae , Project Manager
January 2008 - April 2010, Utrecht
Some Agile Projects for Trimbos Institute, City of Amsterdam, KWF Kankerbestrijding, Buma Stemra, SNS Bank, Landelijke Huisartsenvereniging, UNETO/VNI.
Essent, Content Manager
January 2007 - December 2007, Den Bosch , Netherlands
Some web editing and contentmanagement for essent.nl. Essent by then had adopted Scrum as the main mantra for software development.
Rijkswaterstaat, Project Manager
September 2005 - December 2006, Utrecht, Netherlands
Overseeing the implementation of a new governance and business model, cost model and a new streamlined Agile processes
IT Staffing, Account Manager
November 2004 - August 2005, Utrecht, Netherlands
Search and selection for a recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider.
Wisdom Information Consultants, Agile PMO
October 1998 - February 2002, Groningen, Netherlands
Testing software, writing functional specifications and setting-up and ensuring the follow-through of Agile / XP mindset and practices in software development / bug fixing.
• Vizzavi.nl - one of Europe's first multi-access web portals. Vizzavi was incorporated into Vodafone Live! in 2002
• De GROTE Bosatlas Extra CD-ROM - a CD-ROM with digital add-ons constituted an important first step into the digital age for the Netherlands' most well-known school atlas
• NAM / Shell Expro / Shell Brunei - WIS, a Well Information System, allowed oil and gas drillers to queries and submit reports well information for improved drilling, using the Internet
• KPN Mobile - building the central selling functionality for selling mobile phones for KPN, one of the leading mobile service providers in the Netherlands