Senior software and web development professional with over 15 years experience and a proven track record of delivering complex, large-scale projects on time and on budget. Specialist in people and project management, agile development, and web technology. Currently managing large development team consisting of developers, architects and QA analysts in charge of Upstream Works Software call centre software product
Specialties: Front end technologies such as jQuery, HTML and CSS. Mobile web development, managing projects and teams, agile development, scrum master, project management and process, people management.
Upstream Works Software, Director of development
January 2013 - Present, Vaughan, Ontario, CA
• Managing a team of 12 full time and several contract developers, architects and QA analysts responsible for Upstream Works call centre software offering
• Lead Agile Transformation initiative for the development team, transforming the existing waterfall development methodologies to SCRUM
• Created highly effective SCRUM team that produces quality product enhancements incrementally that address client and industry needs
• Currently acting in Scrum Master role for development team, ensuring proper process is followed and all obstacles are removed to ensure success
• Helped Professional Services group transition to Kanban methodology for maintenance and product deployment
• Reporting directly to company president, providing weekly written and oral reports of development progress
• Responsible for interviewing and hiring of all full time and contract resources
• Conducted performance review and progression plans for entire development team
• Conducted several presentations across Canada and United States highlighting the current UWF product offering
• Participated in large industry events such as Cisco Live, representing Upstream Works Software and helping with lead generation and product demos
Postmedia Network Inc, Director, Digital Operation
July 2011 - January 2013, Toronto, Ontario, CA
Director of Digital Operations at Postmedia Network Inc. Managing project managers, business and QA analysts for most digital projects for the organization. In charge of project process and agile transformation.
The Globe and Mail, Web Development Manager
November 2007 - July 2011, Toronto, Ontario, CA
• Manage a team of 7 full time and 3 contract developers responsible for development of all the company’s online properties.
• Defined coding standards and train development team accordingly.
• Implemented an agile approach to software development, including implementing daily scrums, a sprint board and product backlog.
• Partner with business owners to define project scope and timelines.
• Communicate with third party vendors and help implement their products into the Globe and Mail’s environment.
• Responsible for interviewing and hiring of all full time and contract web developers.
• Mentor team in all aspects of development.
• Deliver performance reviews and manage progress of development team.
• Experience in mobile space, including development of company’s mobile web site and providing direction to third party for app development.