Hastings Mutual Insurance Company, IT Director
November 2016 - Present, Hastings, MI, US
Management and Leadership of the Application Development functions, which includes the recommendation and implementation of comprehensive strategic and tactical automated systems to achieve corporate goals; while balancing the user needs for efficiency and effectiveness against the competitive needs and cost containment.
Country Financial, IT Manager, Enterprise Program
January 2015 - June 2016, Bloomington, Illinois, US
* Managed company's largest transformational program with 100+ million $ budget and 250+ stakeholders. Direct reports included enterprise architects, program managers, PMs, lead developers, lead BAs and testing leads.
* Played a lead role in establishing PMO and other IT disciplines like Service Management (ITIL), Vendor Management (VMO), and Enterprise Architecture (EA) across the enterprise.
* Mentored PMs and other project management professionals in the company.
* Led application development and service management teams to design, develop and support business critical applications using standard practices such as ITIL.
RLI Insurance, IT Manager, Solutions Delivery
November 2010 - January 2015, Peoria, IL, United States
* Implemented strategic programs including the multimillion dollar Guidewire ClaimCenter implementation.
* Owned corporate solutions portfolio, which included claims, treasury, HR, cash ops, producer management, data warehouse and legacy platforms (AS400).
* Managed team of 40+ architects, developers, BAs and QA personnel to implement and support top notch solutions.
* Set up and established PMO.
State Farm Insurance / HTC Global Services Inc, Delivery Manager
September 2000 - September 2010, Bloomington, IL, United States
* Delivered strategic initiatives using geographically distributed teams covering a wide spectrum of technologies, including infrastructure.
* Led service management teams to provide top notch support for 7/24 business critical applications.
* Played the role of architect in designing and implementing innovative solutions.
Techlead Software Engineering Private Limited, Senior Software Engineer
July 1997 - July 2000, Pune, Maharashtra, India
* Lead developer on initiatives for clients across the world.
* Established proven QA practices for the company as its QA lead.
* Hands on design, development, testing and deployment of applications using varied technologies.
* Managed infrastructure for the company, including its network components.