Wildmoka, Senior Software Engineer
November 2016 - Present, Sophia Antipolis, France
Senior Software Engineer
Wyplay, Software Engineer
August 2013 - August 2016, Sophia Antipolis, France
Development and integration on customers' set-top-box solutions for major European operators: Proximus (Belgacom), Sky Italy.
• Technical expert on several middleware components
• Software stability follow-up, investigation and improvement to reach strong customer requirements
• In charge of continuous integration; build and unit tests automation
• Integration support to the project team (up to 40+ people)
• Agile team work (scrum)
⇒ Sky Italy IPTV set-top-box available in 2015, new Proximus TV software released in 2015-2016
Technical environment: C++, C, Python, Gentoo Linux, Git, Jenkins.
Alcatel-Lucent, Software Engineer
March 2011 - July 2013, Sophia Antipolis, France
Alcatel-Lucent acquired OpenPlug in September 2010.
December 2011 - July 2013:
Developments for Application Enablement solution:
Open API Platform is Alcatel-Lucent's solution for network operators to expose API and native protocols to monetize their network assets.
• Implementated native SMS features (SMPP standard over TCP/IP) with high performance and availability constaints.
• Set-up performance tests and functional unit tests.
• International team work following Agile methodology (multi-site).
⇒ All features demonstrated and released successfully.
Technical environment: Java (Eclipse), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Perl, JUnit, JIRA.
November 2010 - November 2011:
Project leader and customer support for feature phone manufacturer's R&D on OpenPlug Suite product:
• Led development and support tasks for one customer project (Sony-Ericsson txt): monitoring, dispatching requests in variable size development team, reporting.
• Remote and on-site (China) support and technical consulting for all parallel projects.
• In charge of third-party partner follow-up (communication, integration, schedule).
• Proactive identification of potential risks on the projects.
⇒ 4 new devices successfully launched on the market in 2011; more than 10M units shipped worldwide.
Technical environment: C, GTK, Visual Studio, Trace32, CVS, Bugzilla, internal tracking tools.
Open-Plug, Software and Integration Engineer
September 2006 - March 2011, Sophia Antipolis, France
February 2009 - November 2010:
Integration Leader and Developer for OpenPlug Studio:
Cross-platform development environment for mobile applications to deploy a single Adobe Flex project into native iPhone/iPad, Android, Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile applications.
• In charge of software integration: build process, scripts, test automation, quality monitoring.
• Packaged and delivered external releases to community.
• Focused on quality improvement: language conformance, optimization, CPU performance.
• Supported early users via developer forum and directly premium users.
• Developed and maintained parts of runtime, ActionScript to C++ compiler, tools.
• Integrated open-source libraries.
• Agile team work (scrum).
⇒ First beta release in October 2009, commercial release in August 2010; 20,000+ registered users.
October 2007 - October 2008:
Customer project with mobile phone manufacturer's R&D:
• Remote and on-site (China) customer support and training.
• Responsible for text input, internationalization and variant management to support 60+ languages.
• In charge of following third-party partners (nCore, Zi Corp) for this project.
• Professional services (architecture, development, unit tests, debug, integration, documentation).
⇒ First Open-Plug based phone in production in 2008: Sony Ericsson J132. 2M devices sold worldwide.
September 2006 - February 2009:
ELIPS Suite: framework and application solution for mass-market phones.
• MMI applications and services development and maintenance (WAP/MMS, OTA, SMS, EMS...).
• Integration of third-party software (partners).
• Maintenance of products (framework, middleware services, MMI).
C, C++, Java, ActionScript, Perl, XML.
Visual Studio, Trace32, Eclipse, Adobe Flex Builder, ELIPS Studio.
VMTS, Software Engineer
December 2005 - August 2006, Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
As a developer, reworked embedded middleware modules (telephony services: SIM, SIM toolkit, call) for 3G chipset vendor:
• Evolutive maintenance to migrate from 2G to 3G features.
• New application interface definition.
• Documentation and unit tests on development board.
C, Linux, SVN, 3GPP.
Sagem Communication, Software Engineer
September 2004 - October 2005, Cergy-Pontoise, France
As a developer, contributed to USB projects in OS/drivers team for mobile phones division (Cergy Saint-Christophe):
• Implemented PictBridge protocol to print pictures directly on a compatible printer.
• Integrated and ported open-source USB host stack and mass-storage driver from OpenBSD to embedded OS (Nucleus) to enable the mobile device to handle USB keys for read/write.
• Wrote associated specifications and technical documentation.
• Debugged on device prototype: Lauterbach (JTAG), Catalyst (USB bus analyzer).
⇒ Features successfully demonstrated at the end of the mission.
USB protocol, C language, ARM7/ARM9, Unix, Nucleus, CVS.
Klee Group, Engineer Intern
April 2004 - August 2004, Le Plessis-Robinson, France
5-month intership in the development team for customer intranet project: web interface tool deployed in all stores to help sales assistants advise customers.
Involved in both development and test tasks.
Java (Eclipse), JSP, HTML, CSS, SQL, Oracle, web development, CVS.