General Dynamics Information Technology, Scrum Master
September 2016 - Present, Herndon, Virginia, US
• As the Scrum Master for a data management operations team comprised of developers, testers, analysts, trainers, data curators, and business analysts, Pam managed the scrum board, groomed the backlog with the team, conducted the daily stand-ups, provided the end of sprint reporting including metrics, presented the team’s planned work for the next sprint for management prioritization and approval, conducted team retrospectives.Provided coaching to one of the managers to help them better understand being a product owner and participate in the sprint grooming and planning sessions. Pam also worked with the team to identify objectives for the next quarter and worked with the manager/Product owner on the prioritization of the proposed work. The proposed work was then presented at the quarterly enterprise planning sessions with the other teams on the effort as part of a SAFe agile implementation.
Red Rock Government Services, Senior Consultant
August 2014 - September 2016, Leesburg, Virginia, US
• As the Scrum Master for around 15 highly visible, internally-focused, web-based applications for her customer, she manages 5 teams of developers and testers using Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe Agile frameworks. These applications are web-based applications used in the upper levels of her customer’s organization to create, track, store, and manage documents in a single, collaborative environment. Conducts regular planning and review sessions with her customers to report on progress and obtain priorities from the customers. Conducts regular team retrospectives to continuously improve processes and team building. Tracks progress via daily stand ups with each team and tracks the stories/requirements and defects in an agile focused requirements management tool. Provides reports on progress and metrics on in-progress and completed work. Coordinates deliveries to production as needed by the teams via the management deployment process.
• As the Scrum Master for three highly visible web-based applications for her customer, she managed three teams of high performing developers and testers. These applications are used by over 256,000 users throughout the customer's enviornment to create and disseminate documents and allow users to search for information. Experienced with Agile frameworks and methodologies utilizing Scrum and Kanban. Conducted regular planning and review sessions with her customers to report on progress and obtain priorities from the customers. Conducted regular team retrospectives to continuously improve processes and team building. Tracked progress via daily stand ups with each team and tracked the stories/requirements and defects in an agile focused requirements management tool. Coordinated regular deliveries to production every week to two weeks through the management deployment process, allowing her teams to stay focused on the development activities. Managed the move to a cloud environment for two of the three teams and the third team was working to go to the cloud as well. Empowered her teams to manage their work while establishing the teams’ priorities/direction.
Unisys, Senior Project Manager
April 2012 - August 2014, Reston, Virginia, US
• As the Scrum Master for two highly visible web-based applications for her customer, Pam has managed two highly performing teams of developers and testers. These applications are used by over 250,000 users throughout the customer's environment.
• She planned and executed the first successful disaster recovery exercise for the group she supports. This exercise lasted 24 hours and allowed the business customer to completely follow a full day’s work cycle, which included staff positioned overseas contributing to the work cycle. The customer was very pleased and now has great confidence should we need to roll-over to the alternative site that they will be able to continue to perform their work functions in a timely manner.
• She works with her teams to implement continuous process improvements by holding regular retrospectives. She has regular meetings with her customers to discuss priorities and progress on those priorities.
• She tracks progress and conducts daily stand ups with her teams to keep everyone on the same page, which allows for the identification of issues early on, and convey any changes in priorities as directed by the customers. She uses automated tools to track stories (user requirements) and progress.
• She empowers her teams to manage their work, facilitating with other groups/teams as needed and coordinating the regular deployments to production through the management process so the team can focus on the development activities more fully.
BAE Systems, Senior Project Manager
August 2009 - April 2012, McLean , Virginia, US
• As the Senior Project Manager, Pam headed several highly visible, critical projects for the customer to successful implementations.
• She successfully piloted the use of Agile/Scrum to where it became an accepted development framework on the program.
• She mentored new scrum masters and product owners on Agile and their roles in the project lifecycle.
• Led browser-based, java development teams.
• Worked with customers to define requirements (user stories), conduct project reviews, assemble and manage project teams, prepared and delivered project documentation and status reports. Maintained project schedules and risk logs.
• Managed all the project managers on the program. Defined position descriptions, skills needed, training needs, and defined project management processes.
• Assisted program manager with program management, conducted staffing interviews, prepared program reports.