The Collinson Group, Agile Project Manager
October 2011 - Present, London, United Kingdom
Responsible for the delivery of projects in an agile environment for a key strategic loyalty software product, budget £2.3m, and it’s delivery to international clients. The role involves leading 3 agile teams in the delivery of core product, mobile and APIs to roadmap defined by the product manager and the delivery of two client implementations into live service.
The product is led as a mobile first proposition, all of our business value and development to meet it, is led with mobile in mind first. The mobile team develop natively in Xcode (iOS7), Android Studio and Calaba.sh for testing. The architecture is built on a scalable service oriented model where mobile and web clients are serviced by APIs. The mobile team are focused on product delivery and proof of concept location, payment and reward based initiatives that may then become roadmap candidates for the full product. There are at least 5 projects in progress at any one time which I am responsible for. The product framework uses TeamCity, TFS and Git for continuous integration and revision control. CSS Foundations is used for web and mobile/tablet responsive UI
Driving, supporting and coaching the use of agile principles including Scrum and Kanban whilst maintaining wider agile and PMP principles across the project. Managing a team of 20 including .NET framework, java and mobile developers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, UI/IA Designers, Technical Architects and Product Owners based in London, India, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Disney, Project Manager
August 2010 - September 2011, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Club Penguin is one of the leading children’s virtual worlds. The company delivers weekly content updates and continually develops the product to engage users and drive exciting member game features. Employed as a Project Manager to deliver solutions, which enhance and support the Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) game including the implementation of new channels such as Mobile:
· Delivered the Company’s first entry into Mobile, Puffle Launch, on iOS
· Managed the delivery of marketing communication plans to launch mobile apps
· Responsible for setting up project team and selection and implementation of appropriate methodologies including Scrum and waterfall
· Managing relationships with all production disciplines and internal and external teams;
· Managing cross studio deliverables, communication and processes
· Delivery of technical solutions targeted at improving the infrastructure of the game
· Identifying and recommending PMO practices to improve studio processes, including creating visibility into capacity planning and cross project efficiencies.
- Introduced scrum as the project delivery method of choice for a strategic product.
- Delivered projects using scrum and agile principles - release planning, preparing and ordering product backlogs,sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives and demos. Supporting product owners in the delivery of release and srpint goals through sprint iterations
The Collinson Group, Project Manager
December 2007 - September 2009, London, United Kingdom
The Collinson Group is a global Company comprising insurance, marketing, digital media, software development and R&D businesses. The Group specialises in providing custom solutions, client services and development of packaged software in support of loyalty, travel and insurance products.
Employed both as a Project Manager, with the custom solutions business, and as a Product Manager for the packaged software business. Responsible for the delivery of waterfall and agile software development projects for global clients and web application products to internal and external clients, including:
· Restructured failing project to deliver an affiliate-tracking platform that promotes group products through affiliate channels. Reducing costs by 50% in a UK market worth $5billon and improved revenue strategies
· Delivered the feasibility and analysis phase of a project to integrate the North American division into the worldwide reseller loyalty solution of a Blue Chip technology company
· Delivered an “Auction” application through 3rd party supplier to deliver ancillary revenue and value “burning” solutions in support of Group assets
· Managed the agile delivery of a value “earn and burn” application that was the loyalty solution proposal to a large credit card company
· Managed projects and products through a mix of traditional and agile methodologies, in technology delivered by collocated and distributed teams
· Managed the requirement gathering, supplier selection, supplier delivery, functional and product UAT
· Delivered product material for roadmaps, product plans, requirements backlogs and marketing collateral.