NRX Global, Director, Software Development
November 2010 - Present, Toronto, Select a State, Canada
- Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, the Software Development Manager is responsible for managing application development by working with Developers, QA Engineers and Product Managers to develop and support applications that meet business requirements.
- Work with Product Management to define product enhancements required to meet business requirements.
- Work with QA to ensure delivery of a solid, stable, scalable, high performing product.
- Work with Support to resolve customer tickets.
- Organize developers and QA engineers into effective working teams.
- Work together with team leads to assign tasks and plan work in Sprints.
- Ensure teams have appropriate specs and information to execute their tasks.
- Monitor status of tasks to ensure they’re on track.
- Manage and mitigate risk for meeting release timelines.
- Remove roadblocks to allow developers to do their jobs. Provide resources/training/info as needed.
- Maximize developer effectiveness by minimizing distractions for them and defining clear priorities.