VMWare India Software India Pvt. Ltd., Manager , IT Operations
June 2012 - Present, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Mukund is currently working as IT Operations Manager in VMware India, Bangalore, managing 24X7 mission critical financial and corporate production environments, which are running on next generation Cloud Infrastructure.
Oracle SSI, Practice Manager
December 2000 - June 2012, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Earlier to VMware, Mukund was working as Practice Manager for “Tech Architecture, 24X7
Technology Support, Migration and Upgrades” in Oracle SSI.
In Oracle SSI he was responsible for
• Manage multiple delivery managers, overlook Competency team, and act as second
point of escalation in Oracle SSI.
• Responsible for successful delivery and customer satisfaction, in fixed price projects
and expert services business, spanning across 75+ DBA’s and 40+ customers
• Business development and planning, achieving targets (Top line X Million $ / year),
P&L (Bottom line XX% improvement by controlling cost
• Improve efficiency of support / operation & developing resource pool model for 24X7
• Building collaterals (Case studies, presentations, brochures etc. ), pricing models
(Ticket based, P/G/S, FP, T&M etc)
• Internal marketing campaign and awareness of services to country consulting,
• Design-develop & establish new services such as Hyperion / Oracle Linux, Exadata /
Exalogic / Cloud support
• Generating new business (Bookings X Million / year) through new or old regions
• Develop competency in Center of Excellence by conducting best practices session,
developing handbook framework and conducting CoE assessments
• Bid Management (prepare proposals, respond to Bids and RFC’s, develop and
maintain proposal templates, bid satisfaction).
Earlier to this role, he was Business manager for “24X7 Production DBA & Tech Support”,
wherein he was responsible for service level (or center of excellence level) P&L, Demand
generation through internal campaign, marketing articles, presentations to end customers,
and also responsible for streamlining delivery using pool of project managers and DBA’s.
Earlier to this, he was Service Line Lead for “24X7 Production DBA Support”, wherein he
was responsible for project level P&L’s, Project management, establish and promote
standards and best practices, create and maintain case studies, presentations, service
broachers and technical hand books, increase operational efficiency and productivity of
consultants, people management and appraisals.
He also has extensive experience as Technical Manager / Lead & Project Lead on Oracle
Applications R12 / 11i / iAS DBA projects, apart from his very strong experience in UNIX
system administrator, 11i HA deployments like Application load balancing using, PCP, 9i
RAC etc. He has also very good experience in HP/MC Service guard, 10g Data Guard,
Enterprise Manager Grid Control, 10g Application server. He has in-depth exposure in
systems & database administration, planning and designing of databases, tuning, backup
and recovery. He has good knowledge in analysis, design, development, testing and
implementation of commercial applications using Oracle Tools. He also has excellent
problem solving, documentation, configuration management, interpersonal and
communication skills. He has project manager experience in Oracle Applications upgrade
projects. He has been rewarded with several awards including innovation award.
Thermax India Ltd, DBA & Senior Developer
May 2000 - December 2000, Pun, Maharashtra, India
DBA & Senior Developer
Talware Consultancy, Developer, DBA
May 1999 - May 2000, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Kirloskar Pneumatic, Manufacturing Engineer Senior Executive
August 1996 - May 1999, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Manufacturing Engineer Senior Executive