Mahesh Varadharajan; CSM, PMI-ACP, ITIL
- Agile transformation consultant with 8 years in software industry, nearly 5+ years in leading and coaching Agile teams. Has been part of enterprise-wide Agile adoption initiatives, focusing on organizational change management, process definition, scaling agile and evangelizing mindset and cultural change.
- Agile Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Unified Processes and Lean specialist.
- Supported both IT Product-development & Services organizations in identifying the strategy for Agile adoption and later in the implementation including scaling Agile across enterprise from small projects to complex, large-scale portfolios.
- Cross-domain IT expertise working in Fortune 500 companies across projects in BFSI, Telecom & Automotive businesses to optimize their solution delivery
- Wide Variety of Coaching experience across large-scale programs and projects of varying sizes dealing with development of bespoke applications, new feature development, enhancements, maintenance work with the objective to deliver business value faster, better and cheaper.
- Supported 35+ teams in implementing Agile practices from legacy to latest technologies and COTS applications such as SAP, Peoplesoft.
- Demonstrated track record in providing coaching across levels including leadership - in terms of turning around crisis projects, setting up new portfolio & projects and working with geographically dispersed stakeholders in a global organization to meet the group goals
- Specialized as a change agent in Agile Acceleration Programs including implementing Agile Lifecycle Management tools such as Mingle, Rally, Information Radiators and driving Community of Practices (CoPs)
- Trained about 500+ employees on various Agile concepts/roles and has always been the client’s most preferred trainer to conduct agile trainings from foundation to project-specific skills, leadership workshops and Agile overview to business and IT management.
- Has been instrumental in Effective Team building, introducing various retrospective techniques, coaching on the art of writing user stories, Release Planning using Agile planning & estimation techniques
- Assessed teams on the current state of agility including culture, process to identify opportunity for improvement.
Cognizant Technology Solutions, Agile Consultant and Coach
July 2012 - Present, Chennai, Tamilnadu, IN
I am working as an Agile Consultant at Cognizant and being deputed at the client location in Chennai as an Agile coach from July 2012 till date. My role involves coaching teams in agile practices adoption, values and principles, conducting agile trainings, supporting adoption of backlog management tools, software engineering best practices,facilitating retrospections, mentoring scrum masters and working with the leadership team in rolling out / reviewing the strategy for agile transformation.
Ericsson India Global Services Private Limited, Scrum Master and Agile Evangelist
January 2009 - June 2012, Chennai, Tamilnadu, IN
I was hired into Ericsson R&D unit Chennai as a verification engineer. Ericsson had started the agile transformation in India around 2011 and when I joined, I was put into 2 days certified scrum master (CSM) course facilitated by the internal trainer. This was my first exposure to agile and scrum, consequently I had played multiple roles in the organization such as Scrum Master, Kanban Team Mentor before taking up the organizational wide agile coaching role termed as "Agile Evangelist"