Zia Consulting, Scrum Master / Project Manager
February 2013 - November 2013, Boulder, CO, United States
Managed 3-5 concurrent projects as Scrum Master with teams of 3 to 10 members. Maintained JIRA + Rally Agile boards, forecasts, schedules, budgets, and status reports. Created and finalized SOWs and POs with quarterly budgets per customer between $50k and $250k.
· Deployed open source content management systems, including workflows, and document capture solutions, for four Fortune 500 customers. Successfully met customer acceptance criteria via Sprint Planning, Standups, Releasing, and Retrospectives.
· Improved customer acceptance of deliverables using weekly to monthly sprints based on needs of customer.
· Led assessments to understand business requirements and wrote up standardized proposals prior to implementation.
· Improved Confluence wiki documentation for PM group to facilitate best practices and ease onboarding.
· Delivered projects maintaining and/or increasing profit margins by up to 40% over average. Documented “lessons learned” for better estimation for short duration projects with reduced margin for error.
VMware, Program Manager
April 2012 - January 2013, Palo Alto, CA, United States
Managed 2-5 concurrent projects including, but not limited to, schedules, budgets, and status reports. Wrote process improvement wikis for dissemination across group. Secured funding and approvals. Communicated any changes in cost with executive funders. Administered $1M annual budget for Events, GSS, and Partner Central.
· Provided seamless project management for up to 5 Global Sales & Support projects simultaneously.
· Localized and integrated SalesForce.Com with Teamsite and Ontram+; ensured successful completion of development, reviewing BRD and FRD, and providing expert recommendations.
· Ensured consistency across group, co-leading standardization of processes; oversaw wiki site storing all process training and documentation.
· Established best practices for new group of G11n Program Managers, co-leading variety of G11n Initiatives Projects; included developing templates using hybrid scrum methodologies.
Sun Microsystems and Oracle, Scrum Master / Project Manager
September 2007 - February 2012, Broomfield , CO, United States
Served as Project Manager and Scrum Master on globalization and localization projects with focus on maximizing ROI on team IT assets; included, but was not limited to, Six Sigma, change management, deployment, and migration initiatives. Prepared workflows and training. Directed and developed geographically dispersed internal and external engineering teams, vendors, and reviewers including 80-member teams. Led Translation Management Systems Strategy Team, and Globalization Governance Model Team. Built and led Change Acceptance Process Team. Wrote process documentation and product requirements for engineers. Trained program managers, writers, and engineering teams. Tracked, reported, and fixed bugs. Leveraged Sun Sigma methodologies. Authored, compiled, and submitted monthly progress reports. Communicated business cases to secure additional resources as needed.
· Revolutionized entire team’s use of single software suite to manage end-to-end process; rated #1 Project Manager / Scrum Master for extraordinary achievement.
· Cut 5-20% of costs for Oracle (up to $30M), providing key elements for business case to transition from paragraph- to sentence-based segmentation.
· Saved +140 hours/week of PM resources, leading 4-member engineering team to deliver +130 RFE via WorldServer API; utilized saved resources to fuel other initiatives.
· Eliminated +$300K from $1.5M budget in 1 year, consolidating or engaging new vendors, and renegotiating contracts with existing vendors.
· Simplified identification and costing of all assets necessary to deliver proven accurate budget numbers, reengineering budgeting process.
· Improved team training on complex process, co-designing and delivering Visio Workflow with team of project managers; reduced project planning time, simplified complexity to mitigate risk, and boosted PM effectiveness.
· Led 20-member team in successful delivery of localized content in up to 21 languages for 3 areas: Oracle Healthcare Master Person Index, User Productivity, and Product Data Quality.
· Delivered 6 products in 2 product lines, Directory Server and Identity Management: Directory Server Enterprise Edition, OpenDS, Virtual Desktop, Identity Management, Role Manager, and Open Single Sign On.
· Managed various projects using Translation Management Systems tools with focus on maximizing effectiveness and efficiency of procedures; included Storage, Service Listings, and Java.com.
· Researched, purchased, and deployed Translation System for Globalization, “WorldServer;” leading and partnering with multiple teams; subsequently drove integrations of Language Weaver, Content, JSP Wiki, Confluence Wiki, Documentum, and Mercurial.
· Streamlined localization activities, establishing process for Sun’s Web Learning Center (WLC), creating review process, and training internal writing and graphic staff; presented localization overview to reviewers at Worldwide Sun training initiative.